Page 1 of 5
Hey Pit, this is something that's been on my mind recently.

Humans make a huge deal over death. People have different beliefs of what happens after we die. Billions of dollars are spent in hospitals around the world to keep ailing people alive. When a loved on passes we all get extremely upset and have funerals and whatnot.

Now don't get the wrong idea, I am not trying to downplay the grief that comes with the loss of a friend or family member, it is of course extremely saddening. However, death, much like birth, is a big part of nature. Humans are animals too. In nature, simply put, 'things die'. It is part of natural selection. Many animals have around 5 offspring, with the intent that only the strongest 2 or 3 will live. It could be debated that by keeping people with diseases and whatnot alive that we are interfering with natural selection.

But my question is, are you afraid of death? I personally do not feel like I am anymore. Of course, this would well change when I am about to die. I really value and love my life. It is an amazing thing and I would fight like hell to make sure it keeps going. But when my 'time comes', which hopefully will not be for a long time yet, I think I'll be ready.

How does the Pit feel about death?
It probably is seeing as you die... Then again you wont know when it happens so maybe it's not
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
dying of old age isnt a big deal but getting murdered at a young age is pretty scary
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
I'm not afraid of it because I know it's inevitable. I'm apprehensive about dying before my time, yes, but I know my life will end eventually. Shit happens. However, when someone else dies, that's a different matter.

I also see no point in getting too worried about it. Joke about it. Be lighthearted. Don't let it get to you.
Death is the last "big deal" you'll participate in. So ya it's a big deal.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm not afraid of death to be honest. The physical pain that might procede it scares me a little, but the actual act of passing away just seems like something that will happen, I don't like to think about what comes after, because some people waste their whole lifes doing that and it gets them nowhere.
the reason why we keep sick people alive is because of our natural survival instinct and the fact that we don't put ourselves in danger by allowing sick and old people in our society. in old times the sick and old were cast from the group because they were dangerous to have around.

i don't think i'm afraid of dying, i just hope it happens with minimal pain.
I'M A COWBOY
More people get death than Aids. =|

Ain't that something for a perspective.
I've never died, or had a conversation with anyone who has died, so I don't know what death is. That being said, I'm scared shitless.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
I've never died, or had a conversation with anyone who has died, so I don't know what death is. That being said, I'm scared shitless.

You'd better start shitting then, cause i've got bad news for you. :')
We don't mind birth as it gives us something. We dislike death because it takes from us.

You love getting a new guitar. How would you feel if someone took that away and had their way with it?

However, crap guitars can go to hell.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Once you are dead, you probably don't care about that fact, eh? I just don't want to die with pain, but I could not care less about dying in general. This is for myself, I don't want my friends or family to die, because I would suffer from this, other than I would do from my own death.
Quote by webbtje
I'm not afraid of it because I know it's inevitable. I'm apprehensive about dying before my time, yes, but I know my life will end eventually. Shit happens. However, when someone else dies, that's a different matter.

I also see no point in getting too worried about it. Joke about it. Be lighthearted. Don't let it get to you.

fuck you webbtje, stop writing the same stuff I'm about to write
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I think it's a combination of the unknown (heaven,hell whatever)

and the fact that our strongest instinct is that of survival.
ooooooo philosophy,my favourite.

I think the big deal with death is that many people realize that they haven't done everything they wanted to in life. When they see death approaching they get scared that they've wasted their time and will never do what they wanted.

Also, fear of the unknown is a big deal. The thought of non-existence makes me cringe. But on the other hand, if I cease to exist, I don't think I'll be around to care will I?

Do I fear death. Hell yes. But it's gonna happen anyway.
I'm not scared of anything that comes after I die, but the actual act of dying scares me. I could die in my sleep and never have a chance to say goodbye, I could get some disease and know that my death is coming, I could be killed and that would suck for obvious reasons (especially if I was killed at a young age)
All 3 of those scenarios sound pretty shitty to me.
Its scary thinking about dying, but its an absolute mindfuck if you don't believe in an afterlife, like me; once you're dead, you're dead. How many billions and billions of years lie ahead after you die? An infinite number. When you're gone, you're gone literally forever. Screws with your head thinking about it.
Quote by Slicer666
fuck you webbtje, stop writing the same stuff I'm about to write

You know that bush outside your window that keeps moving and rustling? Keep an eye on that.
Quote by osXtiger
We don't mind birth as it gives us something. We dislike death because it takes from us.

You love getting a new guitar. How would you feel if someone took that away and had their way with it?

However, crap guitars can go to hell.

Fail @ metaphor.

Nobody is taking away your life, you're just using it up. I don't think you should see 'life' as a object. It's just a state of being.
Technically, you're just a bunch of cells sticking together to provide 'life' for each other.
You, are a part of a group. That group is a part of something, and that something is in itself a part of something. The thing is, humans are pretty egocentrical. (Not that I know what animals or microbes think, lol).
But we're always talking about ourselves and death. Always just calculating from our perspective, though even our perspective is constantly changing.
You can't say every life is equal. Because no life is the same. Morally, an old man dying is considered "less of a tragedy' than when a young child dies. Even though they could have led exactly the same life, on different points of time.
Cliché and needles to say, but everything is relative.
That being said, I don't fear death. But for my own logically twisted reasons.
If you would point a gun to my head i'd nevertheless beg you not to kill me. It's instinct and a will to live. So yeah, logically, I don't fear death. Sadly enough life is more than just logics.
I'm not scared of death, I'd imagine it to be a bit like what it was like in the several billion odd years before you were born. It's the actual dying bit that freaks me out.

because they were an awesome band. RIP Chuck

but i dont know. the whole dying part freaks me out as well. even christians have to have some doubt as to what happens after they die. and thats what makes me think about atheism. what do atheists think happens when they die? it's the unknown we're afraid of. the same reason we were afraid of the dark when we were little kids, we didnt know what was there/
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Dec 12, 2009,
of course death is a big deal, they were one of the best/most influential metal bands ever.

edit: ****, beaten to it

but on topic, people make a big deal about death because it sells. people are always interested in shit like that, so the media takes advantage of that and blows it up to be much bigger and more important than it really is.
Quote by theogonia777
of course death is a big deal, they were one of the best/most influential metal bands ever.

edit: ****, beaten to it

but on topic, people make a big deal about death because it sells. people are always interested in shit like that, so the media takes advantage of that and blows it up to be much bigger and more important than it really is.

I was never aware that interest in death was just a recent thing
Im scared to death by this.

oh wait..
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Craigo
I was never aware that interest in death was just a recent thing

it's always been an interest, but in the last one hundred or so years it's become way overkill, and has become too commercial, like everything else, so much so that it looses a lot of meaning to the actual event, if that makes any sense. naturally, death has always been of high interest because it is such an unknown thing, but my point is that it's not as big of deal as people make it out to be, because people make a big deal out of everything.
there is a stigma around it because it is the complete end of life as we know it. Its the one thing no one can escape and its the one thing that we know nothing about.

Science has formed just about all we know about the world but death is the only subject we can never understand. As human beings one of our most basic instincts is to fear the unknown.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by theogonia777
it's always been an interest, but in the last one hundred or so years it's become way overkill, and has become too commercial, like everything else, so much so that it looses a lot of meaning to the actual event, if that makes any sense. naturally, death has always been of high interest because it is such an unknown thing, but my point is that it's not as big of deal as people make it out to be, because people make a big deal out of everything.

In short, no it hasn't.
Quote by webbtje
You know that bush outside your window that keeps moving and rustling? Keep an eye on that.

See the buttplug I just threw in there?
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by webbtje
Smells a bit.

I know....

maybe that's for a reason

EDIT: what the heck are you doing in a thornbush anyway, poopymoron
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 5