- Jazzman91
- RubberSoul54321
- guitarplaya322
- Blind in 1 Ear
- Iceman 420
- salmon philippe
- Hitman 47
- rocknroll93

Once the duels have started I can't add any more entrants!

The Final Draw:

strawforest007 v Blind in 1 Ear

Submitting track deadline/voting opens: Sunday 21st February

Basic rules (same as the last duels):
1. Tracks must be blues orientated.
2. Minimum track length of 1 minute.
2a. Originals and covers both allowed.
2b. Backing tracks are also allowed.
3. All instruments are allowed, but should feature a guitar!
3a. NO VOCALS (not all of us can sing, so let's even up the playing field)
4. New (or previously unused) tracks to be entered for each round of duels.
5. Submit your tracks by PM to me or in this thread.
6. The fixtures for each round are random.
7. ADVICE: record your tracks well before your duel. Late entries will forfeit the duel, giving the other dueller a win.
8. In the event of a draw after votes, both duellers go through (the final would be re-duelled).
9. All duels are decided by poll. New threads will be created for each duel in each round. Anyone can vote.
10. It is common courtesy to not vote on your own duel, either for yourself or your opponent. Any accidental votes, please contact me and I'll adjust the result after the poll finishes.

This blues duel will allow entrants that lose in the opening round to get a second chance. It would be advisable to record more than one or two tracks so you are all set for the opening rounds.

Enjoy it! It's fantastic to get feedback on the tracks that get entered in these duels and it's always good to hear what everyone comes up with!

Happy duelling!
Last edited by strawforest007 at Feb 13, 2010,
Hell, I'll do it.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Are vocals necessary? I'm asking because I can't sing to save my life.
Quote by T.s.e
Are vocals necessary? I'm asking because I can't sing to save my life.

No vocals
Last edited by strawforest007 at Dec 20, 2009,
Count me in. But if all the spots get taken up and someone wants mine they can have it because I'm sure there are more passionate blues players than I.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I'm in for sure
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
I would be in if I could do vocals, I get bored recording only instrumental tracks ;/
Well, I could pair you up for the 1st round with Jilax^ who wanted to do a track with vocals - if you can convince him to agree with that then I'll put you both on the list.

Its just there's usually so few duellers using vocals it would give an unfair advantage if they pair against someone who can't/won't sing...
Thought there was no singing? Stick my name down by the way - maybe I'll do a bit better this time!
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
No singing = correct. I'm giving Jimmy an exception to enter though if he can get another potential singer to pair with - let them get their singing out and done with in their first round duel. This is just 1 exception though for this one duel. No vocals for everyone else.
Suits me - I had my go at singing on the album
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
if i had means to record id be in, so ill have to wait till i get my new set up.
ill be voting though!
No vocals this time?
Can I use my saxophone instead for the melody line or at least a solo?
I am interested, but I have a lot on my plate this time, so I will just be spectating this one.

Besides, I am sure you all are tired of my same old stuff anyways.
my only means of recording are with a camera. so is it ok if i upload a youtube video instead of audio? if so im in. i might be able to download it from youtube after and then upload it to my myspace or something. id get some recording stuff if i wasnt so broke right now.
I don't know if my current audio recording will be up to scratch for this competition. I just uploaded sound tests to my profile if anyone can give a second opinion? (Note: Judge the sound not the playing please )

EDIT:^ If you want you could send me the youtube link and I'd send you back the audio file from it if you don't want to download the software yourself, I already have it so it wouldn't be an issue
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by Venice King
I don't know if my current audio recording will be up to scratch for this competition. I just uploaded sound tests to my profile if anyone can give a second opinion? (Note: Judge the sound not the playing please )

Super! No problem with the audio quality there!

Blind In 1 Ear: yep, youtube video/audio is fine. You can get free software that rips audio from videos, then you could upload it onto your profile. Up to you.
Quote by strawforest007
Super! No problem with the audio quality there!

Blind In 1 Ear: yep, youtube video/audio is fine. You can get free software that rips audio from videos, then you could upload it onto your profile. Up to you.

yeah i have the thing to do that but ive tried to upload it before to my profile but it didnt work. i can try but it might just have to be youtube.

also, if i have a backing track that has vocals on it that arent mine is that ok? ive found a few that did. if not i can just use regular ones.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
also, if i have a backing track that has vocals on it that arent mine is that ok? ive found a few that did. if not i can just use regular ones.

NO VOCALS!!!
When's the first round?
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I'm in - I learnt loads in the last one Apologies to everyones ears in advance
Sign me up good sir. These duels are the only thing that get me out of hiding and lurking in these forums, after all.
Sony Acid's been acting up lately and it's my only source of drum beats. If it wants to work properly, count me in, but if it dies on me like it's been doing I won't be able to. Nothing to lose by hoping though.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Hey guys, do you think that this BT is good enough for the duels, or should I use something more bluesy? I don't feel like making a typical 12 bar blues, but I don't want it to be like the last time when I made some latin Santana thing .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cpmit46bug
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

If you can turn it into a jazz/blues that's absolutely fine! Just depends how it turns out I guess.

I'm thinking of keeping away from 12-bar in the first round as well. I might do some acoustic slide, something I know I need to work on.
Page 1 of 4