What are some exercises to improve sweeping and soloing?

and also, what are some ways to help memorize the notes on the
fretboard?

any suggestions would help.

thanks!

-frusciante08
to memorize notes just play them from open-12 frets on each string and say them out loud, then do it backwards from the 12th fret on the 1st to the open on the 6th string. Don't bother going past twelve because then it just repeats.
Gear

Ibanez SZR
Cube 30
Digitech RP 250
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to have to do..Ah it's going to suck though. But I guess I have to learn sometime haha.

Thanks!

-Frusciante08
After you've learned the 6th and 5th strings, there is a pattern.

4th string - same as 6th string, except one octave higher, and 2 frets higher.
3rd string - same as 5th string, except one octave higher, and 2 frets higher.
2nd string - same as 4th string, except one octave higher, and 3 frets higher.
1st string - same as 3rd string, except one octave higher, and 3 frets higher.

So that helps quite a bit as the only ones you really have to learn the hard way are the 6th and 5th.
Also try learn 'Octave Templates' i.e. how octaves relate for any particular note so that when you're on any given note on any string, you know automatically where the corresponding octaves are on both sides of that note. That has helped me quite a bit plus it helps you relate the notes to the music/scales etc. I would also suggest learning the notes all the way up. In as much as they do repeat after the 12th fret, no harm going ahead. Rock on!!
You can also try improvising whilst saying each note out loud. Obviously this excludes fast runs- but you could always say the scale in that case.

It's harder than it sounds and it can really help because it trains you to think, for example "C" when you play the third fret A string (and not just "Third fret A string").
Quote by frusciante08
What are some exercises to improve sweeping and soloing?

the sweeping and soloing you would like to play. There's no shortcut. Slow em down
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.