This guy is selling an Epiphone SG for 40 bucks. I've been skeptical about buying on Craigslist but people have told me it's worth it. Think this is legit?
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Yeah it's probably legit. That's the really cheap SG though. But pictures don't really matter, don't buy without testing it out. That's not a $300 dollar guitar though. That's like the cheapo one that comes with the Epi starter packs and shit. So it's not like you're getting some amazing deal.
I've bought all kinds of stuff from craigslist. Its just like chadreed32 says, you get to meet up with them and see it before you hand them any money. Hell even if something is wrong with the electronics, $40 would make a good project guitar. The "Special"s are the budget line aren't they?

I've got a JB player JB-20 in my lap right now that I got from CL for $35 because the it was scratched up, and had been dropped. There's a nasty spider-web crack on in the top, at the bottom edge where someone dropped it. it had 2 busted bridge pins and was missing a couple strings. I took a flash light and a mirror with me, checked out the insides, and nothing was broken internally. The cracks are just surface damage. The strings were really gross, they had started to turn green and they felt like those FirstAct strings you get from WalMart.
I replaced all the strings with some Matrin Folk strings, the silver plated kind.
Replaced the bridge pins, and it sounds just as good as a new one in the store.

Go see it, play it some. Check the knobs and switch. check for breaks in the neck/head.
If its physically in good shape, the electronics can always be repaired.
Its a hell of a deal if its in good shape.
I think its the SG Special II when it´s so cheap.

I wouldn´t even buy it if it were that cheap.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
They are only 169$ new as its a gift they dont really want should be a legit deal. 40$ isnt a huge investment and at that price cheap enough to mod to make a 'decent' guitar.
it is cheap, but could be a fun guitar to screw around with. i'd say go and have a look. $40 is a pretty small investment as long as it plays well enough.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
$40? go for it. mod the hell out of it. change the neck, pickups, electronics. and if you mess it up, it's not like it was a complete waste.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
email and ask for pics.
if you go to test it out go somewhere public like a guitar store.
dont get murdered.
^ ha, that's gone through my mind a few times. Might have my dad come with me haha.

And yea, I emailed him.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

Quote by sg255
I will definately take it. There's no reason to pass it up. I mean, I want to play bass, but having an extra guitar sitting around isn't a bad thing. Not sure I have the money to fix it up, so let's hope it's in good condition ha.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
For $40.00 as long as it's not a basket case it sounds OK. I am sure it's probably the bottom of the line Epi but those go for about $130.00 new. I got an Epi LP Special on Ebay with HSC for for $40.00 60 shipped. It's better than I thought and after a little work I ended up keeping it. Go try it out what do you have to loose but some time.

john
Quote by BrandonWeir
meet him and try it with your amp and see how it sounds. check everything on it for any damage. not really a problem

I have no amp
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255