I'm about to purchase a Yamaha Fg735 from GC, dude in the acoustic room gave me the hard sell on a warranty ($50 for 5 yrs). I live in Minnesota, if that matters. Am I likely to need it, or are the sales people getting a commision on warranties, like at Best Buy. Thanks.
They probably are getting a commission, but I think it's a nice thing to have, just in case something happens to the guitar.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
50 bucks for 5 years is good (10 bucks a year) what if it breaks!
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Not bad for that price. Just bring it up for a yearly set-up and you'll be fine. Some will restring it for you each time you bring it in free of charge. For $50, go for it.
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
Quote by GC Shred Off
What does the warranty entail? Just manufacturing defects or something?

I remember Sam Ash's warranty included setups, repairs, truss rod adjustments... stuff like that. I assume this is similar to that.
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
the warranty i got at my gc ($39 for 3 years) includes replacement if it's damaged, including some damages that are not manufacturer damages. i suspect what it includes may vary from state to state.