I have a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen signature that I love, but I also play my Squier bullet strat, and I realized that for the price the Squier is actually a nice guitar.

So I'm just curious, what guitars have you found out to be great for their prices?
Can be of any price range.

Or the other way around, guitars you thought felt cheap compared to their price tags.
I think the ibanez RG series are the best for the money, simply for how easy they play and their versatility
Almost all Squiers are great for their price

Same with Mexican and American Fenders tbh, unlike Gibson who charge far too much for standard models
Quote by {offc}firefly
I think the ibanez RG series are the best for the money, simply for how easy they play and their versatility

This
THIS IS THE JAPANESE KABUKI ROCK!!!!
Ibanez RG1550 w/ BKP nailbombs
Aria Magna series w/ Dimarzio SD
Blackstar HT 5
Fender FM210R
Ibanez DE7
Keeley/Boss BD2
Line 6 floor pod
I got my Jackson Dominion for $780. Not sure if that counts, though, considering it retails for $1400 or so. As for overpriced guitars, look no further than the Gibson SG Special Faded. What a piece of monkey crap this thing is.
I kind of agree, but I heard the Edge III has problems staying in tune.
To contribute to my own thread, when I played a Schecter it felt a bit cheap. It was about
$800 if I remember correct and just didn't feel right.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Almost all Squiers are great for their price

Same with Mexican and American Fenders tbh, unlike Gibson who charge far too much for standard models

ya Mexican stay in tune realy well, and has a cool sound. well mine does
Quote by Awfulplayer
I got my Jackson Dominion for $780. Not sure if that counts, though, considering it retails for $1400 or so. As for overpriced guitars, look no further than the Gibson SG Special Faded. What a piece of monkey crap this thing is.

Nah, that doesn't count

But yes, Gibsons and Epiphones are overpriced.
I played a Gibson studio, and it is definitely not worth a thousand bucks.
And I played my friends Epiphone G-400, it felt cheap.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I kind of agree, but I heard the Edge III has problems staying in tune.
To contribute to my own thread, when I played a Schecter it felt a bit cheap. It was about
$800 if I remember correct and just didn't feel right.

You heard wrong then If setup properly they are fine

I totally agree with the Schecter comment though, the ones I've tried all felt like knock off Ibanez's
Squier Classic Vibe models are on-par (if not better) than MIM Fender Standards, for much less - really worth buying. The Squier Avril Lavigne signature Telecaster is actually a really good guitar, stock, for any kind of pop-rock/punk music.

ESP-LTD 400/401 models (and the EC-256) are really good for the money too; they're as good as the 1000 series just minus the vomit-inducing abalone inlays. From what I've played, the 400s were made a little better than the 401s are, though the 401s are still very nice.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
PRS SE = Well worth the price

Gibson = nice, but way overpriced.

Fender = .....well, Ive never actually played one
I hate my sig
edwards....well, prettyuch any guitar made in japan it seems
Edwards Les Paul 92
Roland Micro Cube
Marshall JCM 900 4501
Corts and Edwards. Are the both Japanese? Yes.

The Cort is £400 for an amazing guitar which can match any guitar except the ones I buy that aren't that very Cort. £500 for the model up which is even better!

And the Edwards is £600 for an explorer with Duncan pickups. Not amazing pricing, but pretty rare to see this idea.
Ibanez RG's. Can't wait for the the new RGD's though. Or (hopefully) a new Iceman.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Pretty much any of ibanezs mid end stuff.My destroyer 200 plays better than a few higher end dean imo.
i've found that alot of the ESP/LTD guitars are a great value for the money. i particularily like the george lynch model and the les paul style guitars (the ones without emgs).

i've mentioned my Vineyard strat in a couple of hreads and find that their guitars are great sounding and playing guitars that are inexpensive. unfortunately they're kinda hard to find as they aren't mass produced.

Squier Esprit, set neck mahogany guitar that is a lower end version of the Robben Ford sig. sound falls between a Les Paul and a Es-335. despite the squier name its a very well made guitar and can be found fairly cheap.
You can get a serious bang for you buck if you build a partsocaster - shop around for used, and as long as it isn't too worn, you'll get a cheap and very functional guitar.

Also, the Sheraton in my signature was like $1000, plays just as well as any uptown Gibson IMO
I have a japanese Tokai that I got second hand for £450 in mint condition with a hard case. Absolutely brilliant guitar, and even at full price (£850), it shits over most Gibsons.
My other electric, a Suhr custom modern really is perfect. It can do anything tonally, plays amazing, looks amazing, you can't put it out of tune, although the Tokai does have a fatter lead tone, and does the Gary Moore thing better. Difference is, the Suhr cost me £2600.
It's good for everything, but the fact that the Tokai stands up to it pretty well in some ways for a sixth of the price is quite amazing.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Vitor_vdp
what guitars have you found out to be great for their prices?

Various Seagull guitars would certainly qualify. In its price range, the Seagull Entourage is a real winner. And the S6 is routinely praised to high heaven. Even the Seagull SWS guitars - while not dirt cheap - are priced low for all solid wood guitars, and they tend to play and sound great. 'Course, all these Seagulls are acoustic. Maybe you want this limited to electrics?

On the electric side, I ordered a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster, about 3 hours ago. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't think it represented fantastic value for the money. (As an aside, I took advantage of the current deal being offered by Musician's Friend. It's 20% off on any Fender guitar order placed by telephone. Deal's good through the end of the year. And although I didn't expect it to, it applied to "Squier by Fender," too. So this baby's costing me $279.99 delivered, with no shipping fee and no sales tax to me here in Maryland.)

I have some experience with Squier Bullet Strats. One was horrible in all sorts of ways. But the other was a very nice one in Sonic Blue. (That's what the color was officially called - I'd say it was a lot closer to Surf Green). A good case could be made that this Bullet was a real value at $100.

Thing is, while $100 for a Squier Bullet can be an excellent value, I can easily find used Fender MIM Strats, in excellent condition, on the local craigslist, for around $200-225. And honestly, a $200 Fender Strat seems like a better value to me than a $100 Squier Bullet Strat. But that's just my take on it, and you're welcome to hold a different opinion.

FWIW, on the amp side, I think the Roland Micro Cube and the Peavey Vypyr 15 offer a whole lot for what they cost. They're both good values, but for rather different reasons. If one happens to suit your needs - and that's a real "if" - well, there you go.

Well, I guess that's where I stand. Seeing as how I actually own a Seagull (a 25th Anniversary edition, in spruce/mahogany), a Roland Microcube, and (as of this morning) a Squier CV 50s Tele. Sure, this means I'm biased, but it also means I put my dollars where my mouth is.
--
Michael
Ibanez RGA 32.

300 bucks or less chuggachugga and other metal related things machine
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Sheridan guitars are nice for there price, a les paul with two emg hz humbuckers for £200 with a bassword body and quilt top. I will never ever understand how they can produce it at that price but glad they can, it's a nice change from epiphone and a lot better value for money.
Squier Classic Vibe series. That's my choice.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
ibanez!!!
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
The guy that mentioned Edwards couldnt be any more correct
They are easily the best brand for quality I've ever played.
Yes they are a branch of ESP in Japan.
The high end edwards are easily as good as US ESPs.
I've got 3 of them, An RR shape, Forest & Custom made Les Paul.
All of them are better than their respective counterparts whether it be Jackson RR1 or ESP Forest or Gibson/ESP Les Paul models & they are MIJ quality & we all know what MIJ quality is like! Top freaking notch xD
I agree Agiles are amazing.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by Awfulplayer

well my sg special is a gem, plays better than any other guitar i've played in my life