Page 1 of 2
So, here they are:

EDIT: names, as requested:
Allender SE | Cantanese SE | Akerfeldt SE | SE Torero

Price range? I think around $600-$1000... See here.
And yes, the Torero has EMG's and FR... Big mistake, imho.

Personally, and as a huge Opeth fan, i was eagerly expecting the PRS Akerfeldt SE model.

What a disappointment.
The Opeth logo under the bridge makes the guitar look like it could be the little prize inside a cereal box. The golden hardware was a major turn-off (i prefer chrome with the dark cherry finish).
The good thing? The bird inlays. But for me, they aren't worth it.

The other models look like any guitar that could come from Ibanez or ESP/LTD, for example (well, maybe not the Allender model).
And PRS, for me, has always been a brand that had "special" guitars.

Maybe they're looking to appeal to a wider market, but i'm not sure this is the way to go...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Dec 12, 2009,
Quote by bigjuice_7
ya i like the one all the way to the right thats it

Agreed same here, any price ranges for these models?
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
I think they may be going on the basis of already achieved that "classic" reputation so that they can compete with the higher end companies. Because of this they can now look further afield into market segments that they so far haven't aimed at, plus by using the SE models to do it with they are able to cash in on the younger players.

...but i don't want that i want more McCarty's!
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by bigjuice_7
ya i like the one all the way to the right thats it

Why? Just cause it has a double locking trem?

They look exactly the same as the old PRS SE line, so I dont know what your talking about, but personally, I do perfer the green one.
I like all of them. The black one is pretty cool though.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Not really a fan of having big logo's stamped onto my guitar..especially if it isn't even my own band.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
The black one looks cheap especially cause of the logo and the plain top. The rest look nice. I'm a big fan of SEs, it's nice to see one with a locking trem
I hate my sig
Quote by metalheadblues
the pickup on the one to the extreme right looks like emg and floyd rose???
holy ***** this is amazing

You mean holy **** this is annoying... right?

Don't we have enough guitars with EMG's in the market already?
I like the far left one.

Not a huge fan of FR's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Vitor_vdp

woops never thought of that
yeah your right edit my 1st statement
hmm http://www.themadape.com/Paul_Reed_Smith_SE_Mikael_Akerfeldt_Opeth_Electr_p/prs-akerfeldt-se.htm
its already for sale
still looking for info on the others
oh btw i actually said holy w h ore LOL
does anyone know why they're discontinuing a bunch of their models? I'm looking foward to get an Se Custom 24, but it's been discontinued. Was it to make room for these?
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

Quote by Goldenfire88
does anyone know why they're discontinuing a bunch of their models? I'm looking foward to get an Se Custom 24, but it's been discontinued. Was it to make room for these?

Maybe... Fortunately i ordered a SE Custom 22 while stocks last...
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

I can still order it online...problem is money. i still need $200
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Linkerman

Unfortunatey, I didn't. Hopefully I can still get my hands on one. Does anyone know where these new ones are for sale or if they're even on the market yet?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Unfortunatey, I didn't. Hopefully I can still get my hands on one. Does anyone know where these new ones are for sale or if they're even on the market yet?

Try here, where i found the Akerfeldt SE:
http://www.themadape.com/Paul_Reed_Smith_SE_Mikael_Akerfeldt_Opeth_Electr_p/prs-akerfeldt-se.htm
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
What a disappointment.
The Opeth logo behind the bridge makes the guitar look like it could be the little prize inside a cereal box.

I kind of agree. To me it makes it...idk more of a gimmick. I still wanna try it though
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by 1010011010
The Akerfeldt SE would've looked so much better without the tacky Opeth logo on it. And it would be nice if they offered the Torero with passive pickups.

I hate that they put EMG's in all em except the akerfeldt. Part of the greatness of PRS is the tone, and now they all have a fake one...sad.

I still want an SE 24.
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

i like the Torero. thats it. the logos on the guitars make the middle 2 look cheap, and i hate vintage trems. but it's definitely nice to see them churning out new models! always a good thing, even if they don't appeal to everybody.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Hmmm. More expensive than the old SE Customs. And I typically don't like signature models. Dang...

Same. I love Akerfeldt's playing and tone and probably that guitar too, but i just couldn't bring myself to buy it since it is a sig. (And so obviously so with the "O" logo)
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Banana Wedgie
Their all uber, except why do PRS give the bird inlays?

Because bird inlays are teh sexy.
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Banana Wedgie
Their all uber, except why do PRS give the bird inlays?

To look fancy I guess. I could take em or leave em but I guess some people don't like them. I'd rather them have reguler trapezoid inlays
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
To look fancy I guess. I could take em or leave em but I guess some people don't like them. I'd rather them have reguler trapezoid inlays

I personally love the bird inlays. Unfortunately they're usually only present on the higher end PRS guitars. And now the Akerfeldt, but it is a sig so....
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Good job I'm getting a PRS SE Custom 24
My local dealer still has some in stock
Quote by Gods_Gift
Good job I'm getting a PRS SE Custom 24
My local dealer still has some in stock

I have to contact my local guitar center/samash soon and ask. If they don't ill order it online
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Vitor_vdp

Oh wow 3 PRS SE guitars with EMG pickups oh noes the worldz going to end Jesus you guys make it sound like it's literally impossible to change pickups. And the only real new SE I actually like is the far right one. Not so tacky and it looks great.
I like the Washburn Cantoneses better than this SE.
Far right one is the best, in my eyes.
I'm a massive fan of PRS, especially the amazingly beatiful guitars that Akerfeldt usually plays. Unfortunatley, I don't like any of those. It just looks like they slapped the Opeth logo on a regular SE.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I'm a massive fan of PRS, especially the amazingly beatiful guitars that Akerfeldt usually plays. Unfortunatley, I don't like any of those. It just looks like they slapped the Opeth logo on a regular SE.

Yep.
The Mark Tremonti signature guitar is cool because it has no logos, just says "Tremonti" on the headstock, and that doesn't bother me.

The new Opeth and Black Label PRS's remind me of the Squier Pete Wentz P-Bass...
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Yep.
The Mark Tremonti signature guitar is cool because it has no logos, just says "Tremonti" on the headstock, and that doesn't bother me.

The new Opeth and Black Label PRS's remind me of the Squier Pete Wentz P-Bass...

See, I don't like the Tremonti. It looks way too plain to me. I think the opeth ones look better (aside from the tacky looking black one) but my favorite SE is still the regular Custom
I hate my sig
I like the Allender and the Torero... But, currently saving up for a Santana SE. The Santana SE sounds so much better than any of their other SE models (imo). I also want something with the specs of the Torero, but I just don't think of Metal when I think PRS... maybe next year.

I remember trying an SE model about 5 years ago when I got my ESP LTD Eclipse, and the pickups were just lifeless and weak... Tried one the other day when I was looking at the latest Santana model and they must have redesigned the SE 245's because they sound much much better. I still don't "like" the 245 SE's, but they are better than they used to be.

The SE Santana sounds sweet! Not even sure what pickups I would replace them with even if I wanted to... maybe the original Santana pups?
Quote by RedJamaX
I like the Allender and the Torero... But, currently saving up for a Santana SE. The Santana SE sounds so much better than any of their other SE models (imo). I also want something with the specs of the Torero, but I just don't think of Metal when I think PRS... maybe next year.

I remember trying an SE model about 5 years ago when I got my ESP LTD Eclipse, and the pickups were just lifeless and weak... Tried one the other day when I was looking at the latest Santana model and they must have redesigned the SE 245's because they sound much much better. I still don't "like" the 245 SE's, but they are better than they used to be.

The SE Santana sounds sweet! Not even sure what pickups I would replace them with even if I wanted to... maybe the original Santana pups?

You realize this thread is from 2009.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Page 1 of 2