I would like to See if this has happened to anyone else.

I purchased the Metallica: Death Magnetic guitar tab book from guitar center about two months ago.

When I picked up the book, it seemed kind of thin so I asked the clerk and he told me that it was the only version of the book that he was aware of or that was in stock.

So when I finally get around to learning some of the songs such as Suicide and Redemption, the book is missing the last solo and about three minutes worth of music!

I am pissed off!

No where on the book does it say that the tabs are incomplete or partial.

After doing some research on the Cherry Lane music site, I found that they have two versions of the book. And the only discernible markings between the two is one has a small print of "EZ GUITAR" in the upper right corner of the book. But that is IT!

Has the pit ever been ripped off by buying guitar tab books like this? Has anyone written to the company for a resolution? I emailed Cherry Lane and I am hoping they can come up with something, even if they do a book swap i'd be fine. I really don't want my money back. I'd like the correct version of the book.

Anyone have the same problem?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
No,

Because I'm observant when buying stuff.
The entire book's been put online anyway, so I'd always check that first before parting with cash.

...And erm, why would you want to learn Death Magnetic songs exactly?

Because I like the Death Magnetic album? That usually does it for me.
online tabs, or people uploading the book on torrents. I dont see why you should have to pay 15 dollars, the price of an album, to learn some songs. Half that would be more reasonable. Oh well, I suppose its just business
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
My teacher gave me this thing called 'mysongbook guitar pro archive' or something like that. It's a folder with over 50 000 guitar pro tablatures in it, even if you don't have guitar pro you can open them with tuxguitar, which is free. Iirc, a user here uploaded that same file to rapidshare some time ago.

Anyway, that's how I get most of my songs
I bought Quo Vadis' Defiant Imagination tab book. It was written by the guitarist himself I believe and there was only the so-hard-you'll-never-be-able-to-play version available. Anyways, I bought it to support the band... ... and cuz the songs would be take too long to tab.

I saw chord versions of bands when I was buying the book. It was quite lame I must say. Like all the tabs were replaced with simple chords... and that too with a capo.
I've stopped buying tab books (even though I only ever bought three) since you can find pretty much any tab on the intarnet.
MATTERHORN
Quote by divinorum69
I have pink floyd on the wall. It was a present, And it has everything

I love that book. I got it a few years ago and spent an entire month learning every note of the album. I was actually thinking of going over all of those tabs again today.. I'm going to go do that.
Quote by wizards?
I love that book. I got it a few years ago and spent an entire month learning every note of the album. I was actually thinking of going over all of those tabs again today.. I'm going to go do that.

It is very accurate and I love the hole Pink Floyd style with the original Fonts and Pictures