hi ug
i just want something with uber gain, dime was know for his crushing tone and gain, i wont an amp that can pull of the breakdown to live 91 version of domination with ease. something what can dodle amazingly heavy songs, not really botherd about the clean's, willing to buy second hand, but prefer new, budget around $800-900 but maybe i could stretch to 1000 p.s i live in the uk

any ideas??
you dont need gobs and gobs of gain for a nice heavy sound. Contrary to what you may think, alot of heavy tones have alot less gain than some realise.

You generally want to use the least amount of gain you can get away with.
Last edited by XtAsY2007 at Dec 12, 2009,
for 1k in the UK the most gain that u'll get is gonna be a Peavey 6505+. it sounds like you dont need cleans much so thats ur best option probs, unless you find a used Mesa Mk4 for that price (which is very unlikely)
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by 1jack369
hi ug
i just want something with uber gain, dime was know for his crushing tone and gain, i wont an amp that can pull of the breakdown to live 91 version of domination with ease. something what can dodle amazingly heavy songs, not really botherd about the clean's, willing to buy second hand, but prefer new, budget around $800-900 but maybe i could stretch to 1000 p.s i live in the uk

any ideas??

Dime used older Solid State Randalls. They were great amps. Track down one of those, you should get one for a LOT less than $800. You'll be paying a lot more to get a Tube based amp that can do that kind of br00tal.
used 2 channel JVM
used Laney VR100
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Dime used older Solid State Randalls. They were great amps. Track down one of those, you should get one for a LOT less than $800. You'll be paying a lot more to get a Tube based amp that can do that kind of br00tal.

+1

If you're looking for that older Pantera sound this will do it.
Quote by GURREN LAGANN

Half of this, yes dime used solid state, but you can get that kinda gain really cheap now.

Have a look for a Secondhand JCM800 with an overdrive or a JCM2000 DSL100.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by R.D
Half of this, yes dime used solid state, but you can get that kinda gain really cheap now.

Have a look for a Secondhand JCM800 with an overdrive or a JCM2000 DSL100.

SS Randall amps are pretty cheap
Used ENGL Fireball. Uber heavy, great amps, and not that badly priced.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

If you're looking for that older Pantera sound this will do it.

Also an EQ. Boost the mids on the EQ, then turn them down on the amp. That'll get you his tone. I would recommend not scooping it as much as he did though, will sound ballsier, more like his live tones maybe.
if you want dimes sound you want randall. there is sooo many good randalls out there for dirt cheap and they have such goood tone
Quote by bsantos_5
Bugera 6262. This amp is awesome for metal.

Plus one.

also the bugera 333xl and 333.

they bring the brootz for low cost.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A