Depending on how this is, I might buy one after Christmas (or get one in my stocking). I also may be getting a Lexicon Alpha USB interface. Anyways, how is the reliability of the Behringer? I've heard videos of it on YouTube and it sounds pretty good for $30, but I don't want to go out and have to buy a new one every 4 months.
IMO It's not worth the price. You need an external preamp and it's only got two mono inputs which is quite limiting....

According to the website, they have W7 drivers out but I've not worked with this on that OS so I don't know how well it will do.

I would just stick with the Alpha
Quote by moody07747
IMO It's not worth the price. You need an external preamp and it's only got two mono inputs which is quite limiting....

According to the website, they have W7 drivers out but I've not worked with this on that OS so I don't know how well it will do.

I would just stick with the Alpha

I'd use it for recording off of mixers. Not for "studio recordings", but for live recordings where I don't need to edit anything afterwards.
Ok, thanks, I'll search around some more. I've just got a couple more questions.

A: I've seen people plug it into the RCA inputs and outputs on their mixer, would it work if I plugged it into the RCA outputs and the RCA input channel?

B: Do you have any RCA cable recommendations? I'd rather not have to put my trust in the guy at Radio Shack.
with xp and vista works flawless.
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
yea I tested that Behringer interface with a Yamaha MG10/2 once and simply ran the RCA outs to the interface inputs and it worked fine. The Yamaha actually has Record Outs.

I buy my cables from monoprice.com. Don't get the lowest end stuff but with RCA you don't have to go too high with the prices/quality. Monster is a brand I suggest staying away from as they up their prices like crazy.

Radioshack used to be ok but their prices are crazy these days

If ordering anything online, look for LiveWire brand as they are ones I use day in and out and without any issue. Guitar Center and Musicians Friend normally stock these.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 12, 2009,