Just got a Fender Deluxe 112 amp. 100 Watts.

Cost me 125 bucks on Craigslist.com

I want to keep this thread up still though, one of my friends wants an amp too, but doesn't want one as big as mine. Any more ideas for my friend.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
Last edited by Blood of Metal at Dec 12, 2009,
At 100 dollars, no, I can think of no legitimately good amps. Just ask them save money, so you can get a good 3-600 one. Even a spider than won't hurt your ears is more expensive than that.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
You kinda want the best for the least money, which is kind hard to get
If you can EQ an amp at all try looking at a Spider III or IV. They aren't worth anything but bedroom practice, but if you know how to use it and take good care of it, I would reccommend it.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Dec 12, 2009,
orange and vox 5 watt tube amps sound pretty good... but there no where near loud enough to play with other people (while the vox isnt, never played the orange).
Its an investment, you should try and go with a 300$ at least amp (30 wattish), itll be better in the long run.
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Well, what I'm going to use it for is just for personal use, bedroom.

I understand that its not going to sound like a 300-600dollar amp, but for the price its got to sound good.
Quote by Royal Celebi

Quote by ratracekid111

Quote by ilovepepsi
100$ is cheap practice amp range. Maybe have em put the 100$ together w whatever christmas money you might get to buy something decent.
If you'll be using it purely for the bedroom then might as well shoot for a Roland Cube, Peavey Vypyr or a Spider. The small 15- and 30-watt versions will suit you just fine for bedroom purposes.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Orange practice amps are pretty decent for just bedroom practice.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I'm buying a 4 watt Vox amp (class A valve tubes) for £150 the only problem is loudness, but I'm going to be using it for recording and i tried it cranked and 4 watts is pretty loud
The new Marshall MG line are suppost to be better since Marshall re designed them, but i`ve never played one, so i can`t say for sure.

i use a MG 10KK it`s pretty cool for what it is, but it doesn`t sound anything like a JCM 800 HAHA.

i honestly don`t mind the MG30 it`s decent as a bedroom amp.

but ya i`d go look at the Marshall MG`s and the Line 6 spiders. most people hate them yes.. even me, but alot of people on here have tube amps which will blow away any MG or spider... but for a lil practice amp to get started on, there alright amps.

honestly being in the local music sence here, i see ALOT of MG and spider 1/2 stacks on stage LOL, so people do love those amps. mostly cause there cheap and have alot of effects.
$100 will get you a used Valvetronix or Vyper on Craigslist if you’re patient.
Quote by jpnyc
$100 will get you a used Valvetronix or Vyper on Craigslist if you’re patient.

The vypyr 15 is $100 new pretty much anywhere.
Works good for me - Marshall MG15FX Amp w/MG Programmable Footcontroller.
My current settings in Manual mode: Gain=12:00, Bass=2:00, Middle=4:00, Treble=11:00, Reverb=10:00, Volume=3:00. The new MG15FX has 4 programmable and storable channel settings Clean/Crunch/Overdrive1/Overdrive2, and choose between 4 DSP effects Chorus/Phaser/Flanger/Delay (delay speed controlable by tap tempo button), and it also has separate Gain, Reverb, and Master Volume plus a Tuner what works best with the MG Programmable Footcontroller.

Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 12, 2009,
Just got a Fender Deluxe 112 amp, big, powerful, and rules. Cost me 125 bucks, almost brand new. Tested it out, and it is the cleanest and most powerful thing I have heard. For its price it rules.

Now help my friend out with an amp, I'm still sorta new in the whole amp things, so give me more ideas on amps just for my friend.

He plays classic rock, and grunge with a bit of metal. I understand the metal is best with a pedal so just give me amps bassed on stuff for Classic rock and grunge.

Music he plays, Metallica, Ac/Dc/ Nickelback That sort of stuff.
Quote by Royal Celebi

Quote by ratracekid111

Quote by ilovepepsi
Quote by Blood of Metal
Just got a Fender Deluxe 112 amp, big, powerful, and rules. Cost me 125 bucks, almost brand new. Tested it out, and it is the cleanest and most powerful thing I have heard. For its price it rules.

Now help my friend out with an amp, I'm still sorta new in the whole amp things, so give me more ideas on amps just for my friend.

He plays classic rock, and grunge with a bit of metal. I understand the metal is best with a pedal so just give me amps bassed on stuff for Classic rock and grunge.

Music he plays, Metallica, Ac/Dc/ Nickelback That sort of stuff.

If his budget is the same as yours, I stand by my recommendation of the Vypyr 15.

How can anyone even think to recommend an MG or a Spider when TS can get a Vypyr? This thread hurts...
Quote by subzero364
How can anyone even think to recommend an MG or a Spider when TS can get a Vypyr? This thread hurts...

Because maybe he asked for practice amp suggestions in the $100-$200 price range so nothing is wrong with seeing (and hearing) what suits his needs between the MG, Spider, Vypyr, Cube, or anything else out there. A lot of it will depend on the style of music he likes to approximate the sound of his favorite bands. He should listen to some demo videos of each and/or check them out in person at a store so he can make up his own mind. Until then let him keep all his options open until he decides for himself what is the best fit for him. Just an idea but this should not always have to become a process of elimination that is based on anyone's negative bias toward a particular brand or model.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 12, 2009,