My latest bit of work, hope to record a one man demo of it soon, that is unless there are things that should be changed (and lets face it, there's gotta be something).

C4C as normal
Attachments:
Their Lives Destroyed.gp4
Their Lives Destroyed.gp5
Their Lives Destroyed.mid
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Dec 12, 2009,
this song is epic!
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Quote by Oblivoath666
this song is epic!

Cheers mate

Quote by DisarmGoliath
beginning reminds me of DOOM type music. It doesn't sound bad... though I wouldn't have chosen the same notes I liked the chords you used, as well as the guitar harmonies. The drum track lacks depth. I got a little bored after awhile of the long repetition of the fast picking riff, perhaps you can change it up or throw some more chords in towards the end of the song. The ending also didn't sound as "epic" as it could be.

6.5/10

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22575474#post22575474
Kurzweil K2500xs
Im not too fond of the beginning riff and i didnt think much of it untill the chorus. Then its like YHUSSSSS!! Awesome feeling of depth in that chorus you have mate, with some tragic vocals it could be amazing! I like your riff that follows it but It feels like the verse is caught between going "epic" and being a nice fast pedal riff. I think you should either kick in some deep killer badassness (see akercocke) or kick in some tremolo in the verse, that would complete it for me.
So yea, loved the chorus, everything else was halfway there for me. A very good mix of ideas, good work dude.
care to check out my other shiznit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1243688
Quote by ~Flounder~
beginning reminds me of DOOM type music. It doesn't sound bad... though I wouldn't have chosen the same notes I liked the chords you used, as well as the guitar harmonies. The drum track lacks depth. I got a little bored after awhile of the long repetition of the fast picking riff, perhaps you can change it up or throw some more chords in towards the end of the song. The ending also didn't sound as "epic" as it could be.

6.5/10

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22575474#post22575474

Will do

As for the repatitions I do see what you mean, but I though I should put more than one verse in the song lol. Can you perhaps elaborate on the "chords at the end" idea?

Quote by Jam55
Im not too fond of the beginning riff and i didnt think much of it untill the chorus. Then its like YHUSSSSS!! Awesome feeling of depth in that chorus you have mate, with some tragic vocals it could be amazing! I like your riff that follows it but It feels like the verse is caught between going "epic" and being a nice fast pedal riff. I think you should either kick in some deep killer badassness (see akercocke) or kick in some tremolo in the verse, that would complete it for me.
So yea, loved the chorus, everything else was halfway there for me. A very good mix of ideas, good work dude.
care to check out my other shiznit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1243688

Cheers mate

I'll do both your C4C's when I get home this evening.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by guitarmastaplay
u should make some lyrics

If only I was any good at writing lyrics lol.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
This song has a lot of potential. It's not just boring one riff then another riff, there is depth to it. Definitely leaning towards a band approach though, not sure if you could pull off an instrumental.

In my opinion, at some points the dissonance doesnt work to well but I think that has a lot to do with taste. Another thing to point out is maybe adding variety to your harmonies. By that I mean instead of making that riff completely harmonized, maybe have some notes harmonized and some not. You'd be surprised the kind of effects you can get out of it.

Also, the song has depth but sometimes a little too much is going on at one time it's hard to focus. This kind of applies near the intro, or a little after. Experiment a little, also one of your harmonies at the end of the intro sounds like its in 5th instead of 3rd. Well...you can harmonize in 5ths but when you start bringing that into higher notes it doesnt sound that well. Check up on that.

Overall I'll give you a 8/10 for work in progress. Touch it up and fix some little things, add a little more spice and this is a great song. =]

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1245996
You've got some really cool riffs in here, and it's got a bit of variety of different genres of metal, which I find to be pretty awesome. I didn't think any of it sounded very repetitive until the second verse, but I was answered by the awesomeness of the break- which just sounds really cool to me, though I think you should have the bass/drum part repeat once. I'm not a fan of bar 79 and that whole transition there, but everything around it sounds really cool. The outro has a good start but could use something more epic sounding.
All in all, it sounds really really good, but just needs a few tweaks here and there and it'll sound amazing.
8.6/10

C4C? Kind of a different style though :[
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246980
Hey this is awesome. I loved the build up at the start, and the tremolo picking accompanied by the strings. There's a nice riff after that, the harmonizing etc. Bridge II is heavy, loving that tremolo picking still haha. I guess the Verse is really nice, I like the harmony. I like the build up after the break. I like the Strings popping in and out, it really gives voice to all the great parts. I liked how you returned back to the intro riff for the ending. Overall this is a very solid sounding song, and I reckon it's an 8.5/10, maybe a 9 actually? Great work.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247984

EDIT: sorry about how 'monotone' my review is, I was writing it as I was listening to it, hence the "I like.....I liked....I like.....I loved" haha.
Last edited by Kämpfer at Dec 20, 2009,
Thanks for all the great crits guys ^_^

I'll do all the C4C's after I get some sleep.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I've commented on all your stuff guys. Thanks for all the comments ^_^ I appreciate the advice.

Quote by DisarmGoliath