Hi,
i just bought a Schecter S-1 off ebay, few days ago (haven't received it yet)
but I just noticed that the headstock just has a serial number in the back of the headstock,
it doesn't say "crafted in South Korea (SGR)"
Is it a fake?

I'm pretty sure that label with yellow text says "Made in Korea"
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

What if it were made in North Korea? You might be able to channel the powers of Marxism through your playing.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']What if it were made in North Korea? You might be able to channel the powers of Marxism through your playing.

Hahahaha! Well Played Mr.Victorino!
I'm hoping it's authentic!
and "channel the powers of Marxism" I'm hoping to go nuclear! (no offense to any one!)
Quote by hminh87
I'm pretty sure that label with yellow text says "Made in Korea"

But Schecters that are MIK have a serial number with "Crafted In South Korea" written under it, all surrounded in a gold box that has SGR written in it at the bottom.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by nickdohle
Hahahaha! Well Played Mr.Victorino!

I'm almost expecting him to do a cover of "I'm so ronery" now.
Quote by leftyace
But Schecters that are MIK have a serial number with "Crafted In South Korea" written under it, all surrounded in a gold box that has SGR written in it at the bottom.

yes that's what worries me, but it does have the "setup to play by schecter USA" sticker on the back!
Last edited by Kurt.hewett at Dec 12, 2009,
Quote by Kurt.hewett
yes that's what worries me, but it does have the "setup to play by schecter USA" sticker on the back!

S-1 series might just be different. That's a real one and it looks similar so I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote by leftyace

S-1 series might just be different. That's a real one and it looks similar so I wouldn't worry about it.

But then why does some of have that crafted in south Korea etc. on them? are they fake?
Quote by Kurt.hewett
But then why does some of have that crafted in south Korea etc. on them? are they fake?

Different series/headstocks probably have different writing on the back. I know C-1's have the whole gold box w/ Crafted in S. Korea on them, apparently the S-1 just has the serial number vertically and Made in Korea or something written right above the Heel of the neck.

thats a real S-1. I don't think i've come accross to find a fake Schecter yet. the serial's in the right spot, and thats a sticker label that says made in (S) Korea.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
from what ive read, schecter gets the guitars put together in korea then sets them up on california.
It's legit. I don't think I've ever seen any fake Schecters out there. I have 3 Schecters and only one of them doesn't have a sticker/label on it that says where it was crafted. That particular one is a Schecter C-1 Elite from 2001. I think the newer models have the label printed in the wood. The older ones may have sticker labels which can be peeled off. If I'm wrong, well then I don't know what's what anymore. Haha.