Hey i'm getting a new amp for christmas, but am not sure what to get. Im into 80's thrash metal. Bands I like are Megadeth, Pantera, Slayer, Old Metallica, Evile etc. My budget is around $400. I was thinking maybe I should get a new amp with a good distortion pedal to get the sound i want if i cant find a good amp around my price that can already do that. Yes I will buy used. So if you have any suggestions i'd appreciate it .

Thanks in advance.
Try to bargain on a Peavey XXX or somthing close to it..........Craigslist!
Quote by mmjohn
Try to bargain on a Peavey XXX or somthing close to it..........Craigslist!

I see one at my local guitar center for $474.99, that sound good?
Quote by Kassuhn
I see one at my local guitar center for $474.99, that sound good?

Head or combo,112, 212 ???
Thats not to bad........Kick ass Amps. You might be able to get them to knock off a couple bucks. But i just saw a XXX 212 sale for $515.00 and i sold a XXX 112 super 40 for $400.00........If it were me and it's in good shape and sounds good i'd jump on it.
ok ill go check it out. Btw how does it compare to the new 6505 + combo in terms of metal playing?
Are raven combos any good? Ive heard you need might need to throw a pedal in front of it but my friend insists i get one haha.
Quote by Kassuhn
Are raven combos any good? Ive heard you need might need to throw a pedal in front of it but my friend insists i get one haha.

No. on the raven! The XXX gets pretty Heavy and with a Boost really Heavy. It has pretty good clean also.
Quote by Kassuhn
ok lol he was saying peavy sucks so I was just curious

Sounds like someone who's only played the little Peaveys with an 8 inch speaker.
Quote by sg4ever
Sounds like someone who's only played the little Peaveys with an 8 inch speaker.

Yep.........The XXX is a Gem!!
I cant find The Dirty Bomb of musicians friend were do i find it at?