Hey everyone!

I need some help. I play alot of rhytm guitar in my band but I wanna play some solos too, but I can't get it to work.

Shredding ain't my thing, melodic is my better side.

We play in dropped D.

Help? Thanks
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Sorry

I need help how to create solos, because I can't atm. Imo I'm good at improvisesing(spelling) riffs, but when it comes to solos it's just some randoms notes!

Theory isn't my strongest side but I know a bit.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
dave weiner riff of the week on youtube, you will have to trawl through the episodes but there`s lots of stuff about creating melody, easiest way is to start with a motif (a pattern that is repetitive in direction e.g notes go up, up, down,down up - or what ever pattern you choose)
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 13, 2009,
If you don't know any scales, start by learning the minor pentatonic scale and find a backing track and just jam in that scale. You can start by just learning the box shape but make sure you eventually learn the notes in the scale. Practice practice practice.
I hate my sig