so i just got a fender kingman and i need an amp for it. would i be fine just using a fender frontman 65 that i use for my electric? or would i need a new acoustic amp? and if so, got any suggestions?
MG14
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
i wouldn't worry about a new amp until you're really playing decent sized gigs. i'd say it should sound ok through your current amp (key word being just ok). you'll have to tweak the settings, but you can get an ok sound out of your electric amp. maybe turn the treble down a bit and get some good mids. it won't sound like a professional setup, but it'll definitely be enough to get you by.

another factor is the preamp. i'm not a big fender acoustic fan, so i don't know much about the preamps they put in their guitars. that'll have a big affect on the tone you'll be able to get too.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
alright thanks. yea im mainly using it for personal use now so i figured it would be fine.
MG14
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
yeah man, i've always used my little 15 watt crate amp for my acoustic electrics. works pretty well! won't sound like a nice marshall acoustic amp, but sounds good enough for practicing and playing along with songs.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip