Ok so i have an ibanez AES10EAM electric acoustic, i put fully charged batteries in it and tried to use it with my amp. It acts like there is no batteries in it whatsoever. I tried to turn on the tuner and it doesnt respond at all. I know the batteries are touching the contacts and everything. please help me fix this

Thank you
i would try a different battery.

also make sure the cable is inserted properly, and that it's a working cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i would try a different battery.

also make sure the cable is inserted properly, and that it's a working cable.

i have tried it with several sets of batteries and two cables, one that i know works.

Also, i know its not my amp, as i have tried using headphones (through a pedal) and it didnt work either.
is it a standard pp9 battery ( i can`t remember if it is offhand), if so you might of damaged the battery connector (pp9 connectors are notorious for breaking in everything from tuners to pedals to acoustic preamps.....from all manufacturers).........get a multimeter and set it to resitance(ohms), if it reads less than 1 then you know it`s not the preamp if it reads 1 or above you have a break in the circuit.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 12, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
is it a standard pp9 battery ( i can`t remember if it is offhand), if so you might of damaged the battery connector (pp9 connectors are notorious for breaking in everything from tuners to pedals to acoustic preamps.....from all manufacturers).........get a multimeter and set it to resitance(ohms), if it reads less than 1 then you know it`s not the preamp if it reads 1 or above you have a break in the circuit.

It takes two double A's.
Does this method still work in that case?
you can still check it but it's not as easily broken as the connectors on a 9v.

perhaps the cable isnt clicking in the jack like it's supposed to.

does it feel secure in there?
would you be able to look in the hole and check?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
you can still check it but it's not as easily broken as the connectors on a 9v.

perhaps the cable isnt clicking in the jack like it's supposed to.

does it feel secure in there?
would you be able to look in the hole and check?

It really doesnt feel that secure, it comes out very easily, but it did that before the electronics stopped working.
the jack may have spun, you might need a wire soldered back onto the jack.

can you get a look in there with a flashlight?
is it a full body or a slim guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
the jack may have spun, you might need a wire soldered back onto the jack.

can you get a look in there with a flashlight?
is it a full body or a slim guitar?

im fairly sure the problem isnt with the jack, seeing as how the onboard tuner isnt powering on. It is probably a battery related issue.
I used a volt meter on both the batteries going into the guitar, they are both completely charged. They are inserted with the correct polarity and they are touching the contacts.
Make sure the volume's on. It sounds stupid, but I always forget and then I feel stupid.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
Make sure the volume's on. It sounds stupid, but I always forget and then I feel stupid.

volumes on. lol
the guitar wont power the tuner if the jack isnt connected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565

Oh..
Anyway. I opened this part of the guitar up:

and saw nothing out of place, nothing appeared loose, no jingling of loose parts or anything. I put it back how it was.
So im pretty sure that rules out the jack being loose, unless theres a certain way of telling if its loose that i dont know about.
do you have an XLR cable?
if so you can check if that jack works.

has the 1/4" jack ever been hand tightened?

does the cable click in when inserted?

can you visualize the other side of the jack to see if both wires are connected to the
jack? or is it in a case?

has this guitar ever worked for you? i know that sounds stupid. but have you ever used this guitar before, because some guitars require a stereo cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

No.

I just tried to tighten it. It was already as tight as it could go.

No, but it never really has even when the guitar did work.

It is in a case. I can see that the cable is in all the way but i cant see if it is connecting.

Yes, it has worked since i got it in june, up until about a week ago.

Also, this information might help you.
You know how when you have a cable plugged into an amp but the other end isnt connected to anything, and if you touch the end of it the amp makes a buzzing sound?
Well, when i have the 1/4 inch cable plugged into the guitar, and i touch the XLR, it makes that same sound. It might have always done that but i never noticed before today.
well.

you'll probably have to take it in.

you can have the guy plug in an xlr. see if that works.

it might just be the connection at the 1/4".

altho, if it was pretty tight, then
i dont know why it a wire might be loose. (dont hand tighten it to check again tho)

did you try wiggling the cable in the jack to see if you can get the sound to cut in?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Okay, i will take it in today.
Thank you! You've been a lot of help.
Quote by jj1565

What he said !!!!!!!!!!!
Some Ibanez accoustics, the tuners wont function unless the cable is plugged into the guitar