Is there a whole forum dedicated to playing in a jam band? and that style of music cause I find most of this community to be far off from my musical taste.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Quote by JacobTheMe
Why limit yourself to one genre?

I could ask that of most Ugers.
Quote by thelurker
start a group/join the jam band group that probably already exists

1 exists. Hasn't been used in 2 years and only has 3 members.

Mod Rock forum has a thread on Jam bands. A hundred or so posts in it.

String Cheese Incident ftw!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'm sure there's a forum for it out there somewhere. There's this website called google that can be very useful

Can we make this thread to also be about jam band recommendations? I'm interested in the genre but don't really know where to start. The likes of Phish and The Grateful Dead don't really do it for me from what I've heard, but I know there has to be some jam bands out there that I'll really like, since I'm an avid fan of jamming myself.
Try some of these.
Phish, Ozric Tentacles, The String Cheese Incident, Widespread Panic, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Aquarium Rescue Unit, Dave Matthews Band, Primus, Assembly of Dust, Benevento/Russo Duo, The Breakfast, The Disco Biscuits, Ekoostik Hookah, Galactic, Phil Lesh & Friends, Trey Anastasio, Zilla, Garaj Mahal, John Butler Trio, Keller Williams, Medeski, Martin, and Wood, John Brown's Body, Moe., The New Deal, New Monsoon, Brothers Past, Oysterhead, Particle, The Mars Volta, The Bridge, Perpetual Groove, RAQ, Soldiers of Jah Army, The Slip, Bob Weir and Ratdog, Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, Soulive, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Leftover Salmon, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, The Wailers, Blind Melon, Tea Leaf Green, Easy Star All-Stars, Steve Kimock Band, Mofro, Toots and the Maytals, ThaMuseMeant, Umphrey's McGee, Xavier Rudd, Yonder Mountain String Band, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Dark Star Orchestra, Robert Randolph and the Family Band
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Beserker
I'm sure there's a forum for it out there somewhere. There's this website called google that can be very useful

Can we make this thread to also be about jam band recommendations? I'm interested in the genre but don't really know where to start. The likes of Phish and The Grateful Dead don't really do it for me from what I've heard, but I know there has to be some jam bands out there that I'll really like, since I'm an avid fan of jamming myself.

Some good bands are Assembly of Dust, String Cheese Incident, Govt Mule, Dave Matthews Band. And i would recommend exploring different albums of Grateful Dead because if you listen to some of the early stuff (Workingmans Dead) and then listen to what they did in the 1980s you'll find that they have changed a lot as band. I think like most deadheads that europe 72 was their peak but I love workingmans dead.
Freedom isn't free...

New Monsoon, Moe and String Cheese are my favs of the genre.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by JacobTheMe
Why limit yourself to one genre?

Because i think besides blues, jam bands are the only musicians that remain true to the day. You know everything else that is out now is never going to be as good as the music in the 60s and 70s.
Freedom isn't free...

Quote by Jackal58
New Monsoon, Moe and String Cheese are my favs of the genre.

Excuse me?

GRATEFUL DEAD
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by Ndelle94
Because i think besides blues, jam bands are the only musicians that remain true to the day. You know everything else that is out now is never going to be as good as the music in the 60s and 70s.

INCOMING!!!!! TAKE COVER!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ndelle94

Nice one guys, I'll be sure to check those out! I've heard, and really liked, a number of those bands - Ozric Tentacles, Bela Fleck, Garaj Mahal, The Mars Volta, JBT, Xavier Rudd and some others, but other than Ozric and Garaj I didn't really know they were considered jam bands. These String Cheese fellows are getting mentioned a lot, I'll check them out first.

Jackal, if you like those Aussie guys like JBT, Rudd etc, check out Jeff Lang if you haven't already. Not exactly a jam band, but he does do a lot of extended (and severely awesome) solos live. Unfortnately, his youtube vids don't represent this as well as they could, but it's still enough to give you a taste.
Quote by Sawman3
Excuse me?

GRATEFUL DEAD

I love the Dead. Just like some newer stuff cause, well I haven't it all 30,000 times yet.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ndelle94

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Beserker
Nice one guys, I'll be sure to check those out! I've heard, and really liked, a number of those bands - Ozric Tentacles, Bela Fleck, Garaj Mahal, The Mars Volta, JBT, Xavier Rudd and some others, but other than Ozric and Garaj I didn't really know they were considered jam bands. These String Cheese fellows are getting mentioned a lot, I'll check them out first.

Jackal, if you like those Aussie guys like JBT, Rudd etc, check out Jeff Lang if you haven't already. Not exactly a jam band, but he does do a lot of extended (and severely awesome) solos live. Unfortnately, his youtube vids don't represent this as well as they could, but it's still enough to give you a taste.

I'll put Lang on my "to do" list. Thanks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ndelle94

I enjoyed 60's pop music more then modern pop, but thats the only thing I think is better.
Quote by loudog93

Says the kid with a sublime avatar...
Freedom isn't free...

Quote by Ndelle94
Says the kid with a sublime avatar...

Hey, judge me on my avatar too! You seem good at sweeping generalisations.
hello
Quote by opc100
Hey, judge me on my avatar too! You seem good at sweeping generalisations.

Well said.
Freedom isn't free...

hmm you heard some phish and didnt like it? :O

uhm try Free, David Bowie, Chalkdust Torture there all good tunes
however you may not like them.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Ndelle94

What is this "true" you speak of? Seriously, pull something out of your arse. I'm intrigued.
I like jam bands, but sometimes the "noodling" aspect old. I tend to like Jam bands with better vocals/Lyrics like Phish and the Dead. I'm more into jazz right now, kind of just getting out of my jam band phaze
Quote by Kyle.E
What is this "true" you speak of? Seriously, pull something out of your arse. I'm intrigued.

He should have worded his statement differently, but I understand what he means.. 90% of the music I listen to is atleast 30 years old