Hey everyone,

Many of you have probably run into the same problem I'm having.. I have zero sound coming from GP. The reason I'm asking help here is because Google offered none. The start up music plays, but nothing in the program plays sound. I've tried adjusting the sounds to no avail, tried re installing it to no avail and tried restarting my computer to no avail. RSE is turned on, so basically I've tried everything to get sound back. There's also nothing in the program about MIDI settings.

Problem 2: I can't export .wav files. In my volume control, I haven't even got a stereo line mix (I think that's the one) to adjust to make sound come out.

I'm at the point where I just yelled at my cat, someone please help me. It's aggravating.
Last edited by MarkDeyarmond at Dec 12, 2009,
this used to happen to me all the time but most likely go to control panel find ur volume controls and look for midi or wav and make sure its up and not muted
Yes, other sounds work.

I've just realized the problem.. Instead of having guitar sounds for MIDI, I'm using the tremolo strings sound, which isn't playing. It was working no more than 20 minutes ago but somehow crapped out?

Anyone got a solution for why those particular sounds aren't working? Basically anything that isn't supported by RSE won't play sound.
Quote by sk8blind4life8
this used to happen to me all the time but most likely go to control panel find ur volume controls and look for midi or wav and make sure its up and not muted

It's all been done. Nothing's muted, just anything other than RSE won't play.
it happens to me ALWAYS. i usually mess around with the sound speaker wires and the midi comes back.
There is no MIDI drivers in the Preferences Menu. I've tried EVERYTHING everyone suggested, I don't know why the crap it won't work. To ChucklesMginty, I'm on a PC.
Quote by MarkDeyarmond
It's all been done. Nothing's muted, just anything other than RSE won't play.

Then are any of them turned down?

That always happens to me if I play a MIDI file on Windows Media Player, or anything else other than GP5. Have you done that, at all?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
Then are any of them turned down?

That always happens to me if I play a MIDI file on Windows Media Player, or anything else other than GP5. Have you done that, at all?

I have checked that and they are all turned up. I really don't know what's going on, I've essentially given up since then.
have you tired seeing if your speakers are plugged in?

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by speedy1330
have you tired seeing if your speakers are plugged in?

lol dude he said the intro song u cud hear but not the actual instruments afterwords
Ok, go on options - windows media control.

One of the sliders should be turned down, just turn it up again. That's always works for me. If not, then i'm clueless
did you try it without RSE?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Make sure your audio card (the actual hardware part) is working. Check this in Device Manager. I dunno, what else can be the problem. I guess, make sure that basic things like the volume being not set to mute and all that are Ok.

EDIT:Ok never mind, i see that everything but RSE is working.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Last edited by DZCunuck at Dec 12, 2009,
Go to Options --> Audio Settings (MIDI/RSE)
Make sure MIDI Output port 1 is set to Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth and the intrument patch is General MIDI
I'm kind of confused. Does RSE not work, or is it the MIDI to anything that doesn't have an RSE option, or vice versa? If RSE isn't working and you're on a laptop, that happened to me too. I ended up just not using RSE. Sorry. If it's a MIDI problem I can't help ya.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"