well im about to move to apartment soon and i wanted to replace my old peavey rage with a nice tube amp. I was really looking at a fender hot rod deluxe but for the od i was thinking about using a mi crunch box, but i was afraid it would be way too loud even with the volume on 1. so my alternate choice to get a black star ht-5. I just wanted to know if it's possible to get the hot rod deluxe with an od pedal at reasonable volumes and if there are alternate choices. I play alot of alternative rock/indie rock ie; the strokes, oasis, the artic monkeys, radiohead,etc. so cleans are very important but i also play alot of classic rock ie; van halen, journey, ac/dc, guns n roses, led zep, etc. so od is also very improtant and i would prefer to to be british voiced. i rarely play anything heavier than metallica and even then thats very rare so nothing to0 bRo0tL. and im planning to use time based effects in the future once i get the money so i would like to have an efffects loop. i would like to keep it total under $600 us. Im located in san diego county california. even though im not doing gigs currently i would would like for it to be loud enough over a drummer without micing it. And I am VERY willing to go used.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Bugera V22?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Go for either the HRD + Crunch Box, or the Bugera V22 or V55 as suggested above. High wattage amps can get apartment volumes if you're careful with the volume knob, and a low wattage amp will not work for playing unmic'd with a drummer. Plus, you can't crank low wattage amps in an apartment anyway.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i was thinking about the bugera but i compared the hrd and the bugera and i liked the cleans more hrd thanks for the suggestions though!
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Another option to consider would be a used Valveking and mods. Cap47 owns both a Valveking and HRD (modded as well) and vastly prefers the VK to the point that he has two of them. PM him for more information.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
For an apartment I recommend the Super Champ XD. You won't even need pedals, but if you do the clean channel takes them fine. No FX loop so if you add time based FX (other than those built in) you will need to get your distortion from pedals as well.