I've found that my legato relies more on my wrist's strength than my fingers. I can move my fingers independently, but I think that they lack the requisite strength to do legato well. Can anyone suggest some good exercises for this?

Thanks in advance, guys.
Play the acoustic or classical. Thicker strings = more challenge = Hulk finger strength.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Quote by Andragon
Play the acoustic or classical. Thicker strings = more challenge = Hulk finger strength.

Classicals are easier to play.

TS, legato takes much less finger strength than you think it does. Just sit there and do it without moving your wrist so much.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The trouble is I cannot get hammer-ons to sound out cleanly and I cannot do pull-offs well on any string except the high-d (I'm in D standard).
Chances are, unless you have muscular dystrophy or something, it is not a matter of strength. It is a problem with coordination and inefficient movements. I don't really have time to type up a full explanation right now. If I find some time later I'll try to help more (unless FP gets to it first ).
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Do trills between each finger, and do legato permutations making sure to use the weakest fingers more.
Check out some Rock Discipline; the part where he switches between those chord shapes really helps finger strength and independence, I do them daily as a warmup and you should too.
I don't know... could you make a video? the only time I have trouble with legato is when I try to 'hammer on from nowhere" and sometimes pulloffs. I don't really know the whole concept behind the 'wrist vs. fingers' thing.

I saw a pretty good video on legato on youtube a while back, I'm sure you could find it. It's in the style of Allan Holdsworth
I hate my sig
Quote by tenfold
Do trills between each finger, and do legato permutations making sure to use the weakest fingers more.
Check out some Rock Discipline; the part where he switches between those chord shapes really helps finger strength and independence, I do them daily as a warmup and you should too.

This, plus look at the angle your fingers are at. Are you playing on your fingertips or more on the pads? Legato is a great deal easier when your playing more on your fingertips.
I've noticed that. I guess it's time to head out to the old woodshed. In frickin' December too. I really should've installed a heating system out there....