Grabbed a V1 Dano Drive while I could, seeing as it was the last one in stock.
I really like it, sounds great as a mild boost on the HT-5. It colors your tone a bit more and it's thicker sounding than the Trans OD. Where the Trans OD is clearer sounding with more definition. Each one gives me two different gain types when boosting my HT-5 which I think is cool.
Attachments:
DSC06067.JPG
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Dec 12, 2009,
The TOD or the CC drive?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
The TOD or the CC drive?
The Drive, like I said in the first line.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Lol, well to be fair they are both drives. I have one, its a very nice sounding overdrive and a decent boost as well, congrats on the NPD.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Would the drive work for lower gain od kind of stuff with a bit of top end detail? I hear it has a lot of OCD characteristics.
It's pretty much an OCD clone minus the HP/LP switch, which is why Dano changed it. Great pedal!!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
It's pretty much an OCD clone minus the HP/LP switch, which is why Dano changed it. Great pedal!!
It sure is! So warm and thick sounding with sustain for days. Not artificial sounding at all. Great for boosting a gain channel or for saturated rock tones.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
The Drive, like I said in the first line.

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How is the TOD for boosting the amp?

HNPD
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
How is the TOD for boosting the amp?

HNPD
The TOD gives a very neutral sounding boost. The tone of the gain doesn't change, it just gets hotter, tighter and more responsive.

The Drive colors the tone more as a boost, which comes in the form of warm saturation and liquid sustain.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Dec 14, 2009,