I thought it would be useful to have a thread to see how other people go about their every day practice routine. The way you go about practicing guitar (or any other instrument) makes a huge impact on your development.

Mine is...

-sight read for 20 minutes
-"c.a.g.e.d" scales up and down the neck in half steps and whole steps
-play harmonized diatonic chord scales using open and closed triads, and then adding 7ths(in any 3 different keys for each chord voicing)
- arpeggios up and down the neck in half steps and whole steps
-mess around for as long as i feel like(probably just as important as anything else)

usually adds up to 2 or 3 hours
there are about 1034857668 threads on this alreay, just search 'practice routine'

anyway, mine is just doing whatever i feel like it
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
The thing I do the most to practice is play as much as I can remember of Losfer Words by Iron Maiden (I'm up to the solo out of memory), then just play whatever I feel like at the time. Usually Slayer or more Iron Maiden.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187371&page=1&pp=40

here's mine.. copy and pasted from thread to thread about this.

My practise hours in a day are a bit split up, 'cause I have school. below is my timetable.
In the morning:
As soon as a I wake-up I will pick a random note to sing. Then I will go to my keyboard, to make sure I got it right, or correct it. This is part of my aim to get perfect pitch. I then make a few chords and try to pick out each note in them.
If I have time I run through some scales that I know I still need some practice on. To finish up I sing some base notes that I could use that scale to improvise over, and have a little fun.
On the tram on the way to school I turn on my ipod and get a pen and some manuscript to do a bit of transcription. This gets me some odd looks, but whatevs.

First school break:
After I eat (very important) I jam with mates. We are all around the same level and it can really help to jam with other people. We take turns to shout out random key changes, or timing variations. The first school break doesn't go for very long, so we don't do much.

second school break:
I go through my scales and arpeggios. Do some sight reading. Put my ipod on shuffle and play along to songs. I then work on any songs im making. Then I work on any songs I need to have done for school.

after school:
On the way home, on the tram: if im not with friends I'll do some more transcription, and whatever music theory homework I got in class that day (any other subject I tend to make sure I do as much as possible during class and private study). When I get home (after eating some more) I do half an hour of aural training (interval recognition, more transcription, chords, and other stuff), then a heap of sight reading. The sight reading usually inspires me to make a few little diddles which I tend to record or put on my loop pedal to stuff around on.
Then I do a lot of theory study, since I do a lot of theory exams. This usually includes going over terms (which I suck at memorising, since I hardly ever see them used) and composition stuff (voicings of chords and 'rules'). I know I need a lot more work on the exam material, as its a more traditional stream, and the rules and terms are a little different to the jazz im used to.
I go through school songs some more. I go through exam songs some more (moste of my exams are not done by my school). Then I go through songs I want to learn. I work a little more on whatever I'm writing at the time. and then last but not least, I just stuff around and have fun. But almost as a rule, I finish on what I need to work on most. I'm not sure why, most people finish on the fun stuff
most of my practice is just jamming to CDs actually. i spend a lot of time improvising. i still make sure to correct my mistakes and make an effort to make things clean and proper. i also spend about an hour or so doing some scale sequences. usually ill spend about 5 mins warming up, then do about half an hour of pentatonic sequences, then do about a half hour more of diatonic sequences, maybe more. sometimes i might go longer but i try to focus most of my pracitice towards just playing. its more fun and more musical. its obviously important to improve technique, but i find it too mind numbing to do more than an hour. even that is a little much for me actually. but if its more relaxed, then i can play for hours. plus, again its more musical so it will actually be used in my playing.

so thats it really. pretty simple but it works for me. sometimes i might do more like if there is something new i want to learn like a song or a technique or a phrase or something. some days i might just make songs.
I go for something like
one hour (warmups): 30 minutes-trancsription
30 minutes-warmups (classical (10 minutes): playing arpeggios, playing chromatic scales using rest strokes. jazz (20 minutes): playing an etude out of Jazz Conception or working transcribed phrases through all twelve keys and improvising variations on them).
one hour: jazz tunes (in every key)
30 minutes-triad and seventh chord arpeggio practice
30 minutes-running my modes of the major and harmonic minor scales
30 minutes-working out of the william leavit books (melodic rhythms for guitar and a modern method for guitar vol. 2)
30 minutes-classical stuff (brouwer etudes)

comes out to be about four hours on the guitar and i usually spend a half hour practicing the euphonium and a half hour to an hour and a half on ear training and theory.
Here is a practice regimen I have developed that may be of some interest. My main goal is to achieve accuracy, dexterity, finger independence and speed. The whole practice session takes about 3 hours on a moderate tempo setting with a METRONOME.

Broken down into segments, the regimen consists of:

1) Scales and Modes = 70 positions (Alternate Picking)
2) Cycle of 5ths/4ths (Alternate Picking)
3) Arpeggios = Major, Minor, Aug, Dim, Dom (Alternate Picking)
4) Chromatics on all frets (Alternate/Reverse Picking)
5) Hexatonics (Alternate Picking)
6) 7th arpeggios (Alternate Picking)
7) Triad Arpeggios (Sweep Picking)
8 ) Chord Inversions (Strumming/Fingerstyle)
9) Pentatonic Tapping (Tapping)
10) Sightreading (Aural/Visual Training)
11) Improvisation over Sequences (Free Form)
Well i've been putting in at least 2 hours for 6 months with various things that need working on.

Guitar:
15 min warm-up
15 min bending in tune
15min chord revision
30min playing scales & chords in the "key of the day"
20 min note location

Then I'd do about an hour of theory which mostly consists of memorizing chords & ear training & an hour or so of piano.
Now I feel I'm at the right level to start writing songs, so all I've been doing is figuring out how to play songs by ear & picking songs apart & seeing what makes them tick. I think you should practice what you need working on the most instead of repeating things you could do in your sleep. & I also think it's important to take breaks every half hour because you get distracte- oo0o0o a squirrel
Quote by RockGuitar92
I just play.
This. Regimented practice routines just don't go down well with me.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea