Probably heard similar questions a million times before but this is a bit of a different one given the equipment.

Got a Fender Champion 600. Says 4 ohm minimum speaker output. I want to put it into a Hot Rod Enclosure (do tell if this is crap, but I've wanted a Hot Rod/Blues Junior for ages and then I thought up this idea and thought wow this won't cost me my wages)

The Hot Rod is 8ohms, one speaker. I did a bit of researching and all similar questions to mine were in reference to two speakers in which that in parallel they create 4 ohms. But this is just one speaker.

Will it work?
First off, it's never really a good idea to mismatch.

That being said, you should be ok going from 4 minimum into an 8 ohm load. But, with a mismatch, your amp is going to lose some high end and some "oomph".

Also, if it's the same speaker ion the Hotrod cab as in the Hotrod amp, I'd pass. They suck.
Mesa Rev. G Triple Rectifier
Mesa Series II Single Rectifier
Mesa Stage 1 Stiletto Deuce
Marhshall DSL 100w
Fender '67 Bassman
Fender Roc Pro 1000 (x2)
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland JC-120
Blackstar HT-5H
Jet City JCA20H
Crate GX-15
Quote by TheRectified

That being said, you should be ok going from 4 minimum into an 8 ohm load. But, with a mismatch, your amp is going to lose some high end and some "oomph".

Also, if it's the same speaker ion the Hotrod cab as in the Hotrod amp, I'd pass. They suck.

+1... Putting a Champion into a HRD cab doesn't make it a HRD. Besides the HRD isn't all that great anyway.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TheRectified

+2
Quote by Comrade_Jon
I want to put it into a Hot Rod Enclosure (do tell if this is crap, but I've wanted a Hot Rod/Blues Junior for ages and then I thought up this idea and thought wow this won't cost me my wages)

This made me laugh really, really hard.
for the cost of putting a champ 600 into a hot rod enclosure, you might as well buy a blues junior.
Quote by al112987
for the cost of putting a champ 600 into a hot rod enclosure, you might as well buy a blues junior.

This.