The bass section gets a small room in the front. It's like a matchbox next to a plasma tv box. crazy.

But I went in, and there were no Peaveys, which some of you may know, from this thread, made up 40% of my choices. I did get to hold the Epi T-bird and you all were right, the neck is pretty heavy, but it fit well otherwise. And it was only $199, which means I may have to deal with it for now.

I held a few squier's but I don't think it's a bass I like overall. Didn't even think of an Ibanez sr505, but I held it and it felt great. Very very light in the body, and I felt comfortable pressing the frets,..... but it was like $575, which is above my limit by about $200

They had an ESP LTD, but it was a guitar model. I only got help from an employee for about 5 minutes before he had to help someone and I had to leave. Hopefully i'll be able to head back over.

Just thought i'd fill you all in since you've all helped me narrow my search and such. Any input?
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Try prawn shops etc.

Also, there was a store nearby to me called guitar source. They had a lot more peaveys and stuff like that, plus way better service. I dunno, but look for other places to shop, local music stores, stuff like that. Don't let GC limit you're choices.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
I went to a local shop called Guitar Works before hand. All they had were a few Fender's and like 1 Musicman in the bass section. Definately wasn't worth almost trading paint in the city.

I would have checked out some more places, but I had to get home, mom was bitching. But i'm not sure if I want to buy from a pawn shop. They're cheap, but there's no way it could have a good setup. And since i'm new to this realm, I wouldn't know how to work on it.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

Quote by sg255
Last edited by FrankieHCO at Dec 12, 2009,
You never know. Besides, you could get a good bass on the cheap used and look up luthiers in the phonebook. Also, GC usually has a local guy that they have come in once or twice a week and work on stuff people bring in, you could take your bass there to be set up. It's not like you owe them anything.

If you play everything before buying, you'll know if it's set up decently. If it rattles, buzzes, or is hard or uncomfortable to play it probably needs a setup. Assuming there aren't any major problems.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Well, on alot of the basses I picked up, I heard buzzing. But I deduced that most likely the strings were just really loose as to not put unneeded stress on the neck while it's sitting on the rack. And I didn't want to try to tune it and end up breaking something ha
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
Quote by samskii
Try prawn shops etc.

its actually pawn shop, prawns are shrimps lol, no offense just found that funny

and yea i rarely leave GC not someone p'ed off the employees are rude and idiots

i go in there try out gear then just go buy it online to spite em
Quote by lucas1wj
its actually pawn shop, prawns are shrimps lol, no offense just found that funny

and yea i rarely leave GC not someone p'ed off the employees are rude and idiots

Y'know he just might have said prawn on purpose.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by lucas1wj

Oh no no, I wasn't bashing them. The guy (Will) was very into helping me, the store was just packed. Alot of them greeted me, so I think it's pretty good service. Plus, there was a cute chick at the register, so that may be more incentive for me to go back
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
Last edited by FrankieHCO at Dec 13, 2009,
If you liked the Ibanez maybe you should look into their budget models.
Quote by lucas1wj

gc owns several online music stores. musiciansfriend is one but i know there are others
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by RivercrestColts
I like my Epiphone Thunderbird bass, maybe some new pickups later on

Have you moved the strap button thing up to balance it out or do you just deal with the neck dive? It's one of my higher choices, so i'd like to know it wouldn't get irritating to play and make me want to quit.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
back on subject i know how you are feeling 3 years ago when i was looking for a 5 string none of the local places had anything i was interested that includes gc. i broke down and bought my ESP405 online from zzounds
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
That ESP is like a $750 bass ha. Above my limit.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
you have to find like a really bad-ass pawnshop. the one where i got my bass was really limited on low budget models and all the basses were behind the counter and they had like 2 fenders and one musicman. in front of the counter they had like 500 shitty acoustics and squier bullets which really pisses me off. i like musicians friend but ive never been to a guitar center but from wat i hear its the place to go. maybe u just went to a shitty one like that pawnshop.
^I'm actually googling pawn shops around me, but there's like, none!! Wtf. I know there has to be tho, because one of my friends just pawned his mom's Wii haha.

I'll take whatever a pawnshop has. Either to play or as a project bass.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
^who said there's a problem with it. I'm almost 100% sure that i'll be buying online if I don't get one for christmas.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255
Honestly, if your just starting out, anything you buy you'll be able to get used to quickly. I know that I played a guitar that had a horrendous head dive, and I just learned to deal with it, and it's made every other bass I play more comfy. I'd buy on quality right now. An Ibanez will last you for a very long time. A decent ESP [$200+] will treat you well. I bought my ESP before I ever played it, and I love it.

Remember, when you buy, you have 30 days to return it. So you've got about a month to play it and if you don't like it, return it and get a different one.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
why wasn't the squire the "bass for you"
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by Drmckool
why wasn't the squire the "bass for you"

It just didn't "fit". I kept trying to adjust it, but it didn't feel comfortable in my hand or lap. They aren't all that appealing to me visually either. I just think there are other basses I could be happier with.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Quote by sg255