Ok, so this topic is mostly just venting, but am I the only one that varies a lot in my playing from day to day? Example, yesterday I played Crystal Mountain (Death), and it was probably the best I've ever played it, nearly flawless. Today, I played it and messed up all over the place. It was mostly my right hand messing up, just couldn't seem to get it comfortable today.

Now, yesterday I played for probably 2-3 hours of good practice, then decided to mess around, whereas today, I didn't really feel like practicing so i figured I'd at least pick up the guitar to play some songs and have some fun. I warmed up a little bit, but apparently it wasn't enough. =\
Last edited by In_Black_Flames at Dec 12, 2009,
Obviously the 2-3 hours of warmup is an integral part of playing well. I can attest to this.
I do. But we all have our days. I can go from playing Buckethead and Darkest Hour to barely getting Breaking Benjamin and Sum 41 the next day.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
some days i wonder why i'm not playing live shows 3 or 4 days a week, and other days i wonder why i even bother to pick up a guitar.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
meh, it improves the more you play, I always seem to play good now
but there are days its hard to be creative on new riffs you make up
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
some days i wonder why i'm not playing live shows 3 or 4 days a week, and other days i wonder why i even bother to pick up a guitar.

That pretty much sums it up lol
The other day, I came up with a solo that would have gotten me a spot in next year's G3 line up, yet earlier today, I couldn't play it nearly as fast or accuratly as I was. You just get those days.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ