I have a guitar and amp and all that I need for the basics. I am happy with the distortion and I use minimal effects, so I don't know if I really want to get any effects per say. What I do wanna know is what is a good buy for under 500? I was thinking along the lines of:
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor-$90
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i-$170
Presonus EQ3B Parametric EQ-$120

This brings my total to like $310. Should I go with this setup or should I add to it or should I go with something else? I guess I should list what path I use for my gear and how I use it (note that it's VERY minimalist):
Schecter Damien 7 - Cable - MXR Phase 90 - Dunlop Crybaby - Carvin SX200
I am a death metaler so I want lots of gain, but not that fizzy, shitty gain, something with balls. But not too much. I'm pretty pleased with the distortion I get out of my SX200, but because it's an open back combo it's a little ehhh for brutal metal. I was using a Boss DS-1 Distortion but I dropped it because I found that I liked the amp's distortion better. It had more BAWLS. But, where do I go from here?
Skip the boss. Used in front of the amp, it doesn't do much. Used in the loop, you get extreme tone suckage. Also, I tend to avoid parametric EQ's. Graphics just give you so much more control. Lastly, if you haven't already, switch out the pickups in your Damien. I don't know what to recommend except that you get rid of the EMG-HZ pickups as soon as you can. If you feel like it, drop in bareknuckles.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Oops. Forgot to say, "and get an ISP decimator instead." My bad.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Oops. Forgot to say, "and get an ISP decimator instead." My bad.
What I meant to say, is that I prefer the Boss NS-2 in the X Connection then the ISP Decimator.
ISP also makes a Decimator pedal that you can do the same thing with FYI. Although it is twice as much as the other one.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by ChrisBW
Although it is twice as much as the other one.

[insert 'better']
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
What about say Rocktron's HUSH Pro rackmounted system? Would that work better than a pedal? I asked a friend who's been all over the world for his playing and he suggested the NS-2 over everything, including all rack gear and the ISP Decimator Pedal. Plus it's only 90 bucks. He said go with the BBE Rackmounted 482i, Boss NS-2, and he really didn't suggest any EQ but I liked the presonus EQ-3B. I can't find any rackmount graphic EQ that has TS I/O, and idk about pedals, though the MXR 10 band Kerry King signature EQ looks pretty nifty.

P.S. The guy who told me to get the Boss NS-2, his name is Sonny Lombardozzi.