So if you haven't already noticed i'm soon going to be off to college. I'm attending Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania and i'm going to study criminal justice and/or military science. So i want to know from anyone that has gone to college some of your experiences good or bad. What should i expect on the first day and the rest of the 4 years? Will it be hard for me to find a band to join and will my guitar playing help me scab on some of the squirrel? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
dont drop the soap.......dont drop the soap.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
In the criminal justice department there are two separate, but equally important divisions that investigate the crimes......
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Last edited by Skin the Sun at Dec 12, 2009,
Quote by Nubmonger
So if you haven't already noticed i'm soon going to be...

Dear diary,

It's been twelve full days in the month of December and I've been keeping my eye on a certain user for the duration thereof. Its name is Nubmonger and it is of the sterile type. Constant surveillance and no sign of any activity till-BAM!! Out of the blue it announces its plans to attend a center for higher education. I'll be damned... I thought I had noticed. Clearly this isn't the case. I am disappoint.

Sincerly,

- Zaphikh
I threw rings around a 2 foot dildo sticking out of a stippers ass while I was on a balcony at a party.

College can be quite an experience. So can anal ring toss.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
First year you drink yourself to death, second year you work yourself to death, third year they bore you to death.... you get the idea. Just make the most of it, don't be shy the first couple weeks, especially if you're in residence. The people there are exactly like you, and it's easy to find friends if you're trying.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by Zaphikh
Dear diary,

It's been twelve full days in the month of December and I've been keeping my eye on a certain user for the duration thereof. Its name is Nubmonger and it is of the sterile type. Constant surveillance and no sign of any activity till-BAM!! Out of the blue it announces its plans to attend a center for higher education. I'll be damned... I thought I had noticed. Clearly this isn't the case. I am disappoint.

Sincerly,

- Zaphikh

going above and beyond a normal sarcastic comment to bring an extra bit of hilarity.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
So your priorities are guitar and pussy? Mommy and Daddy did a wonderful job. I hope they pull the plug on the playdough.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It's overrated.

Just be prepared for that.

Everything they tell you in highschool about what college is/should be is a lie.

Prepare for lots of registration bullshit, overpriced books, unexpected fees and other scams, not to mention the tuition $$$$$$$ that you pay which could fund a small 3rd world army. Then after a year or too you'll realize that college is not an educational institution at all, rather it's a buissness.

They don't care about teaching you, they care about your money.

The people/kids I dunno it depends where you go. Mine was full of rich yuppie Starbucks drinking left wing douches. Maybe yours will be too, or maybe not. It's all relative to where you go I guess.

The teachers and professors will be a mixed bag. There will be some proffessors that you like and can identify with, while the rest will be dicks.

Most of the females (I'd like to say all) are just pigs, stay away from them.

I sometimes think that the whole notion of going to college is just not worth it if you already have a better idea/career already in front of you.
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Dec 12, 2009,
I'm not looking to just get laid and get in a band. They are just some of the more positive things. I mean i am looking for an education but having some fun in between will probably help me keep my sanity.
Quote by RHCP987123
dont drop the soap.......dont drop the soap.

just don't pick up the soap you dropped >_>
University would be the greatest thing ever if it weren't for all the assignments. Assignments suck.

Finding a band should be easy, there are always numerous people looking for band members/ an entire band on the noticeboards in my Uni.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington