Hey folks! I just made a new track. Check it out! On my profile page. I'll be more than happy to crit back also. Just leave me a link and I'll get to it! Thanks.
oh, that was pretty sweet dude, I really thought it was great. I mean the dissonance could have been less, in that one part but the rest really impressed me. GW
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
I liked it.
I thought around the 4:00m area, there was a little bit much going on, until it went back to being distorted.
But overall, I really like the transitions and the song itself.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
I liked the clean stuff at the beginning a lot, it could do with a bit more reverb though maybe?

I really liked the bit where the distortion and the upbeat drums kicked in, thats a great sound, it transitions well from and to the clean riffs afterwards as well. The solo-ish thingy at 4:02 was good too, but there were a few minor timing slips I think.

The drums sounded a bit odd when the distorted riffs kicked back in at 4:40ish, a bit too dense in my opinion, but apart from that this is great. Good work.

C4C? Link's in my sig.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Thnks 4 the crit

Epic song man! relaxing in a way and then epic hehe....i liked the piano at the end and the tone of the clean guitars...I think too that the drums sounded weird at 4:40 but nothing big
This has a depressive vibe too lol...
Oh i just realized that you like black metal, i guess for that song necromancy...that song is good too
Last edited by logan91 at Dec 13, 2009,
Cheers for the crit. I like the clean tone at the beginning and good guitar parts although I think there is too much going on after a while. It sounds a lot better around 1.20 where a stronger guitar comes through- nice melody and ambience. Loved it when it kicked in around 2 mins- could have had more impact though but think is mainly down to the recording, the writing itself is great. Really liked it when it broke down again, very nice. Nice lead although a few notes sounded a bit off. I agree there is a lot going at 4.40 although I think the parts work together and would sound amazing with a better recording. The heavy ending is good although maybe should have come in earlier or gone on for longer. Overall, not bad at all.
Quote by logan91
Thnks 4 the crit

Epic song man! relaxing in a way and then epic hehe....i liked the piano at the end and the tone of the clean guitars...I think too that the drums sounded weird at 4:40 but nothing big
This has a depressive vibe too lol...
Oh i just realized that you like black metal, i guess for that song necromancy...that song is good too

ha thanks man. I actually just started liking black metal so yea lol. It's an alright song I guess :/
The 2 minute mark is great, as well as the 3 minute mark. but the intro is a bit too overwhelming. And I love the dual solo and the flow into the heavy riffs, and the calm outro really completes the song. It's a good song, the intro just gets too cluttered.
Last edited by xHellbound at Dec 13, 2009,
that was a really cool atomospheric song. At parts there was a bit too much layering, so maybe tack away one or two tracks, or have those tracks rather quiet. production wise the guitar tones are a bit fizzy sounding. also the drums sound like dfh default kit, which isnt bad but maybe just tring messing with em a bit. overall cool song.
really awesome song.. i would work on having the guitar a little more "clean" as in less sloppy
also there were some spots where it was pretty dissonant and i dont know if you wanted it to be there but i think it was because of the delay.. but anyway that was really good

c4c?
Quote by MetalBass 77
that was a really cool atomospheric song. At parts there was a bit too much layering, so maybe tack away one or two tracks, or have those tracks rather quiet. production wise the guitar tones are a bit fizzy sounding. also the drums sound like dfh default kit, which isnt bad but maybe just tring messing with em a bit. overall cool song.

Well yeah I wanted a distortion that sounded like that lol. Well I guess it could use compression because it kinda distorts my speakers :/ Thanks for the crit evrybdy!
I really like this man. It was fantastic to listen to. I'm not an enormous fan of the intro, but the rest of the song flowed really nicely.
this is great! at around 4:00 there was a bit much but when the distortion came back it was great. great job!
Its not bad, I'm not a big fan of the style though, not a very clear style. To me the rythem guitars sounded like one big sound, no clarity on the distortion at all, prolly due to to much distortion. The lead stuff was great, especially the double lead. Overall it was nicely sturctured, but the rythem guitars kinda ruined it for me, I would try to clear them up so you can hear each individual chord clearly. Thanks for the crit though.
This sounds very much like some ambient black metal stuff I've heard. Which is sweet if thats what you're going for.

I'm not fond of the unending echo you have going on that makes all that dissonance, but it does add to the mood, so take my lack of fondness with a grain of salt.

The playing on the distorted part could use a little more tightness to it...

That's about all the crit I can hand out on this one, it's pretty decent.

7/10
C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247325