do you think/hear/see weird shit in your head as your about to fall asleep?

i searched around the internet, i think the clinical term for it is hypnagogia.

does anybody else experience this?

is it indicative of some greater psychological problem?

if i force myself to stay up a really long time until im incredibly tired, i can essentially be dreaming while still semi conscious.
I love when that happens! No idea if it means anything.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Hypnogogic hallucinations are totally normal. Sleep more.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Sometimes. It's fun. Even when it's accompanied by sleep paralysis, it's fun, because it's so unreal - It also means I can lucid dream.
haha i love when that happens.
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
I do the same thing just because I don't want to fall asleep and have to wake up. Yes I'm that dumb, and about every other day I still end up sleeping for a few hours.
Actually in the first stage of sleep you're not fully asleep and can kind of halfway dream. Alot of time I'll think of weird shit, then I'll wake up fully and not be able to recall what I had just thought about mere seconds before.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I kinda noticed before I fall asleep, sort of daydreaming myself to slumber, everything stops making sense. I recognized this last night, coincidentally enough, and I typed it into my phone to have a look later. Let's see what it says shall we?

"Myself slamming two pieces of paper together screaming 'there is no challenge'"

That's all I have to contribute.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I once had this crazy vision that people could correctly use AND distinguish you're from your. It was a crazy idea for sure.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Nope, but sometimes I'll wake up to the loud crunching/clashing of my teeth, as somehow, my front teeth end up behind my bottom set, then push extremely hard, creating a really loud sound, which wakes me up and hurts my teeth like FUCK. I'm actually afraid I might lose my some of my teeth this way, as it's happened twice now.
Quote by Von.
"Myself slamming two pieces of paper together screaming 'there is no challenge'"

Epic imagery.

EDIT: ^ That sounds painful as ****.
yeah that happens to me sometimes. the most distinct one i can remember is the night before my driving test, i was laying in bed trying to fall asleep and i was driving through the course in my head, remembering when to shift etc. and then suddenly some dude on the side of the road fell down face first in front of my car and i jerked to full consciousness, and then 5 minutes later the exact same thing happened except this time a squirrel ran in front of the car and i jerked awake.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Nope, but sometimes I'll wake up to the loud crunching/clashing of my teeth, as somehow, my front teeth end up behind my bottom set, then push extremely hard, creating a really loud sound, which wakes me up and hurts my teeth like FUCK. I'm actually afraid I might lose my some of my teeth this way, as it's happened twice now.

Grinding your teeth in your sleep is bad. Get that shit checked out.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Occasionally I'll think I'm walking down a flight of stairs, hit a trick step, and fall. I always wake up like there's been a gunshot in the room.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Grinding your teeth in your sleep is bad. Get that shit checked out.

Checked it out on Google... seems like it's a really serious problem. I had no idea... I guess I'll make a dental appointment and see if that'll help. My teeth are naturally week and fragile due to some decrease in enamel protection as a result of my constant vomiting as a child. >______<

Jeez, I'm full of problems today.
Most of the time before I go to bed I watch tv. Reno-911 always happens to be on so I fall asleep thinking about funny stuff that happened in the show.
yeah, I always think about time travel and stuff as I'm going to bed for some reason. One day I ended up on the wiki page for Time the next day and found that some of the stuff I had figured out appeared to be similar to actual theories. Pretty simplified versions, but still, on the right track. Everything always makes more sense as I'm trying to get to sleep...
Best guide on writing power metal lyrics
Quote by ReaperWaits
keep it fast, keep it epic, and for god sake mention dragons.
If I'm really stressed out about something or have been repeating one thing for a really long period of time, then I'll think I'm still doing that thing when I lay down to go to sleep. Really ****s with your sleep pattern..
Quote by 'Leviathan'

Ahhhh fuck! I sometimes get this. Usually it happens when I wake up suddenly from some weird dream, and my front teeth end up behind my bottom teeth just like you. Either my jaw wants to move backwards or my front teeth try to go forward and it feels horribly unnatural.

I also get the half-dreaming thing pretty often as well. Two most recent ones I remember are when I was on the phone to my girlfriend and started feeling tired. She told me to go to sleep but I told her I would keep talking, and ended up having a dream where I was talking to her face to face while still on the phone. She said stuff in the dream that she said on the phone, and some stuff that my mind just made up. Made for a pretty funny conversation. Ended up falling asleep after she said goodnight and hung up. I could hear her trying to hold back laughter as she did.

The other one was a couple of days ago. I slept over her place and she had work at 5 in the morning, while I had work around 9.30. I asked her to wake me up when she got up and she did. I lasted all of about 20 minutes until she had to leave and tried to keep myself up with early morning TV. I woke up around 8, changed some channels, and fell into the half-dream state again at either 8:29 or 8:30. I had the most vivid dream that there was an ant infestation in my girlfriend's house. I then went downstairs to see why the ants were there and my mind had fused two news stories together - one about white ants, and one about Tiger Woods' mother in law dying or going to the hospital (I can't really remember).

So in the dream the whole family is standing around my gf's grandma who had fallen down the steps or something, mourning her death, when one of my managers from work comes bursting through the door, telling me to get the hell back to work and then played handball with me. This bit really seemed out of place and pretty much woke me up. I woke up to the story of Tiger Wood's mother in law at 8:31. That really freaked me out.
I know I start making weird connections. A few times when I've listened to music before sleeping, or used it to wake myself up, I read meanings into the music. I've found myself hearing a riff and thinking "that bit at the end where it goes back up to the octave, that means his brother is actually dead, and that's his groceries pretending to be his brother".

I remember getting pissed off at the guitarist from the band once, because apparently his riffs were full of lies.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by whalepudding
I know I start making weird connections. A few times when I've listened to music before sleeping, or used it to wake myself up, I read meanings into the music. I've found myself hearing a riff and thinking "that bit at the end where it goes back up to the octave, that means his brother is actually dead, and that's his groceries pretending to be his brother".

I remember getting pissed off at the guitarist from the band once, because apparently his riffs were full of lies.