I'm looking to get my first electric guitar, and figured I would look here. Not looking to spend much more then $300. Amps and other accessories included are a plus if you have them too.

Thanks!
i know you said 300 but ive got a nice ltd eclipse 500 with emg 60 and 85 and a hardshell airline case made by skb. also throw in tons of pics, strings grease, a bunch of strings, a tuner and a peg twister for the tuning pegs for 550 shipped.
Quote by hallsgator
I'm looking to get my first electric guitar, and figured I would look here. Not looking to spend much more then $300. Amps and other accessories included are a plus if you have them too.

Thanks!

What kind of music do you play and/or hope to play? Have you tried a local guitar store where you can physically see and touch the various guitars you might be interested in? Have you looked at your local Craigslist or local newspaper classified section? Have you looked at starter or value guitar packages from the major brands like Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Peavey or others? These would include everything for you - usually the guitar, amp, strap, cable and maybe more. Make the search fun and good luck with your choice.
Quote by Englishjw
What kind of music do you play and/or hope to play? Have you tried a local guitar store where you can physically see and touch the various guitars you might be interested in? Have you looked at your local Craigslist or local newspaper classified section? Have you looked at starter or value guitar packages from the major brands like Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Peavey or others? These would include everything for you - usually the guitar, amp, strap, cable and maybe more. Make the search fun and good luck with your choice.

I wanna play rock. I have looked everywhere, and thought I would post here too and see what come up. I don't want any starter packs as I have heard way too many horror stories for my liking. I'm hoping to pick up a used one, and then take it to a local shop to have it set up. It is definitely fun, but there are so many options and I don't want to make a bad decision, lol.
Quote by dearbeloved
i know you said 300 but ive got a nice ltd eclipse 500 with emg 60 and 85 and a hardshell airline case made by skb. also throw in tons of pics, strings grease, a bunch of strings, a tuner and a peg twister for the tuning pegs for 550 shipped.

I just can't spend that much, thanks though.
Squier Tele Custom with GFS humbuckers?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
ibanez rg2ex2? PM me your Answer
i think UG should have a sub forum to the gear ads... for like recording equipment. not just guitars and amps and that stuff
I can offer a fender mexi tele standard if you're down. Has a few nicks a bruises but plays great. Let me know if you're interested.
I've got a great guitar for sale, and I think it would make a perfect starter guitar.

Charvel Model 1C with gigbag. I have a picture of it in my profile here at UG.

I'm looking for $250 shipped.

I don't think you'll be able to find a quality guitar like this for such a low price anywhere else,
but feel free to try and prove me wrong.

It's great for any kind of rock music, one humbucker in the bridge and two single coils in the middle and neck positions. This is a very versatile pickup configuration.
These were made in Japan, much higher quality than all these overpriced guitars made in china/taiwan/indonesia.

Not only will this serve as a great beginner's guitar, but it will do great as you get better and more experienced. I've done several gigs with it myself

Let me know if you're interested and I can give you a detailed description and pictures.
................l
..........).....l.....(
.......____l_____
................l
..........).....l.....(
................l
you should check out any independent music stores close to you.

Usually can find great used stuff
There are tons of electric guitars listed on www.MyGear.com . You should go take a look. i just did a search for electric guitars in your price range and came up with around 38! Go check it out. There is a nice Fender Strat for $325.00
Quote by hallsgator
I wanna play rock. I have looked everywhere, and thought I would post here too and see what come up. I don't want any starter packs as I have heard way too many horror stories for my liking. I'm hoping to pick up a used one, and then take it to a local shop to have it set up. It is definitely fun, but there are so many options and I don't want to make a bad decision, lol.

Consider Craigslist.com. If you think you find something - like a MIM Strat as has been suggested - you can go see it before you buy. If you can't actually play what you intend to buy, it is important that you know exactly what it is that you are buying. You can also find many sellers who post a guitar or an amp but actually want to sell both or even more gear.
i could give you my heavily worn Epiphone LP Standard in black. It has its bumps and knicks, but it has a Duncan Distortion Bridge pup, and a DiMarzio Humbucker form Hell neck pickup...it has a gig bag with it...

I'll sell for $265 shipped

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
he should prbly consider a guitar w/out floyd since they are complicaed to set up first or am i wrong?