I just ordered an AC4TV and it would arrive soon but before that there're some questions about tube amp I would like to know.

1. Does the attenuator impact the tube life or does it work just like any attenuator between speaker out and cab ?

2. When you crank the volume up, does this mean we're wearing the tubes as well ?

3. If you leave the volume at clean levels, no cranking, and then use a pedal for the tube sound, would the drive by the pedal shorten tube life ?

4. If you use the pedal as a boost, 0 gain and level all up, would it shorten tube life ? If volume is at normal (non-cranked) and also boosting a cranked up amp (volume max)

How do you normally use an overdrive pedal ? Do you just use it as a boost on a clean or cranked amp?

Or just use the pedal's gain and leave the amp at normal volumes?
If this is the approach used, would it matter if it's a tube or solid state amp's clean channel?
IF ur that worried maybe u should just leave the amp in the box ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No

you push the tubes harder but it doesn't mean the ampll blow up
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by sfx
I just ordered an AC4TV and it would arrive soon but before that there're some questions about tube amp I would like to know.

1. Does the attenuator impact the tube life or does it work just like any attenuator between speaker out and cab ?
Yes, it does impact the tube life but no more than cranking it at full watt

2. When you crank the volume up, does this mean we're wearing the tubes as well ?
again yes, but thats one of the disadvantages of tube amp a sacrifice you need to make, you can also buy replacement tubes if they wear out

3. If you leave the volume at clean levels, no cranking, and then use a pedal for the tube sound, would the drive by the pedal shorten tube life ?
yes and no, depends on what pedal, tube pedal yes - your normal cheap drive pedal no

4. If you use the pedal as a boost, 0 gain and level all up, would it shorten tube life ? If volume is at normal (non-cranked) and also boosting a cranked up amp (volume max)
same as 3

How do you normally use an overdrive pedal ? Do you just use it as a boost on a clean or cranked amp?
dont use them, volume is your friend

Or just use the pedal's gain and leave the amp at normal volumes?
Crank that amp
If this is the approach used, would it matter if it's a tube or solid state amp's clean channel?
yes

so any other questions?
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
I wouldn't worry so much about it, you will need to replace them eventually but it's no big deal.