Hey all,

I'm kind of stuck in a rut. And you all know the rut I'm talking about. You get to that point where you think "Why the hell am I even playing this damn thing?" Well, I'm there. I can't find anywhere else to go. I know this is going to sound lame, but I'm not ready to take on music theory yet either. So basically I'm just looking for some intermediate song suggestions to learn. I like stuff like DMB, Brand New, Death Cab For Cutie, stuff along those lines. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

BTW, I know there are a lot of threads like this, but I'm trying to find suggestions based on my musical preference. Any Emo-Pop/Rock and Adult Alternative(as iTunes defines most of my music) is welcome. Thanks in advance UG Community, I appreciate all ya'll's help!
well if you're stuck in a rut and have just been playing that stuff... try to find a song or two of a different genre that you enjoy and learn it. say... country... bluegrass... classical... anything.

also, theory doesn't have to be tackled all at once. there's way too much. but just getting started really isn't that hard. learn a little now, learn how to apply it, then when you're ready, you move on. i think learning just some of the basics of theory would help you out a whole lot.
Well I like some classical as well. I recently learned Moonlight Sonata (although not all the way through, I'm working on it), and I really enjoyed it. I also know a couple christmas carols and random commercial jingles.

I'm just looking for a couple songs that are along the same lines as the bands I mentioned above but not something I've heard before. I know it's a tedious process reccommending songs to UG'ers, but I'm asking, pretty please?!