Yeah, I'm not 100% on what this means, it seems like it's just a slide from the first to the second power chord. Or does it mean to just slide up two frets and mute the strings? It just seems odd that the string its sliding to isn't even being played which is why I'm confused. I'm not really new or anything just unfamiliar with guitar pro.

Last edited by shoottheofficer at Dec 13, 2009,
That means use the your guitars tremolo arm, I'm guessing up 2 tones or 2 semitones.

Quote by rootbeerjuice

How are the tonal properties of stop signs, anyway? They're made of aluminum, right?

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Bullet Strat (For modding)
Blackstar HT-5 combo
Boss OS-2

Does it say W/ bar? No. Then play the 2nd note of the G-string. Jeese, learn to read standard notation, not just tabs. You play the A on the G-string.
In guitar pro this does actually mean use the tremelo arm, not play the 2nd fret on the G string.
Ibanez Jem7vwh
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Martin DX1KE
Marshall AVT100
Orange Crush 30R
Digitech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby Wah SW95
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Yea.. I don't know how to read standard notation well. But I think whoever tabbed this song out meant to slide up two semitones judging by the way it sounds and then mute it. Because you don't actually hear the A note at all. So maby me posting this was kind of pointless. But eh, thanks anyways.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Does it say W/ bar? No. Then play the 2nd note of the G-string. Jeese, learn to read standard notation, not just tabs. You play the A on the G-string.

Wtf are you talking about? That indicates a whammy bar in GP5.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

And you need to learn to read GP tabs. Until then, stfu.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Yup, whammy bar up. This is actually a song I play too and that confused me at first then I realized what it was. I'm used to the whammy notation being below the tab which is where you see it when you go down with the bar. This is just the first song I've seen tabbed with a bar up and I wasn't aware that it showed up in a different place in the notation.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Wow good job proving you are retarded.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

If you could read standard notation, you'd see that the 2nd fret of the G string is not being played.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If you could read standard notation, you'd see that the 2nd fret of the G string is not being played.

I noticed that, too, but I didn't want to say anything because I don't know the song and don't know GP tab notation. There is no A note played in the standard notation above it.

Also, is the E string tuned down to D (based on my reading of the standard notation)?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I'll repeat it, that is a whammy bar in Guitar Pro.