Not sure if this should be in techniques, or electric forum but

An issue i have when playing my MIA strat is that pull offs on high E really dont come out, nor does tapping. However on my Schecter Blackjack C-1, the volume is unaffected by string (higher output pups i suppose)
Is there any way i can overcome this or is it just something ill have to live with, or turn up the volume, because even pounding on the string there is very little volume.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
could be the action causing it to die out...could also be the pickup needs to be closer to the string to pick up the sound...could be low output pickups as well....try changing the toggle switch to see of any other pickups are louder...
Try tightening the screw on your pickup that's nearest the high E string to move the pickup closer to the high E.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
It probably is the action, as i have the action as low as reasonably possible, almost touching the higher frets, since i prefer to be able to play fast.

And it uses standard American Strat pickups, whatever those are. Only way i can increase the volume is to switch on the VG system on it and switch to HH setup.
2013 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Lakewood Sungha Jung Signature
Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster
LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
MIA Fender Strat VG + MiJ Mustang
Martin D1 +Tayor 210e
Kremona Rondo TL Classical
Gretsch G5120
Last edited by battlespud at Dec 13, 2009,