So I just got some Rotosounds 77 for a Long Scale. But I don't know, do I have a super long scale? I have an Ibanez BTB455. Anyways, the thread stuff at the end of the string goes a bit far up the string so when I have them strung on my Bass, the cloth thread stuff kind of lays over the Nut and goes a little bit into the frets. I haven't noticed too big a difference but I've just been playin on my Ampeg B112 so I can't tell too well.

But yeah, is that bad?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
The BTB455 has a 35" scale IIRC, which falls under "extra long scale." The distance of ballend to silk on long scale 77s is 36.25", whilst for extra long scale 77s is 39.25". You should be looking at getting extra long scale strings, because the distance between nut to tuner and ball end to bridge saddle will be more than 1.25", the leeway given by the long scale strings, if you can see what I'm saying.

On a side, don't forget to cut the string about 10-12cm past the relevant tuner peg- you only need 3-5 wraps around the tuning post, and this amount of wraps stops you from overlapping the wraps, which decreases tuning stability.
I can't tell what you mean about the thread and nut and stuff... pics?

You can use any strings you want on BTBs, it's only 35"
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I can't tell what you mean about the thread and nut and stuff... pics?

You can use any strings you want on BTBs, it's only 35"

At the end of the strings there is cloth thread wrapped around it. The cloth part lays over the Nut.

I assumed that the 35" scale was a Long Scale, not Extra Long... Haha.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Well that sucks. But I already have these strings, will they be okay?
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
They probably won't sound as good, they won't do any harm. I'd get new strings, but it's not neccessary.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I never get any special strings for my btb, I've never had a problem
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think