Well I've been watching Youtube video's of both of these amps and I really like it.

I think that I can get close to the jimi hendrix, trower zep sounds.

The class 5 is $400 while the 40 watt combo is $700

For some reason I feel like the class 5 would get me closer to jimi and trower from all the youtube videos i heard
The Class 5 has the classic Marshall sound and it's cheaper,
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Depends what you want man. For tone Class 5 all the way but the Haze is more versatile...well I guess that depends, for me the Class 5 is perfect cause its got the tone I wanted and everything else I already got pedals for so I'm set. It depends on your situation, if you'll be playing with a band I don't think 5 watts tube will cut it but I'll say this the Class 5 is LOUD.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Does it have to be Marshall? You can get great amps for $500-700. IMHO the Haze 40 was nothing impressive.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Might as well buy a dsl401 instead of the haze... its like an extra 100 bucks ...
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I didn't notice the price, a 40 watt Haze is $700? damn, add taxes on top of that and you're pretty much into used JCM 800/900 50 watt combo territory which would rip that Haze a new a**hole
I've heard that the Class 5 really nails those old Bluesbreaker or Plexi tones well. Your only problems are that it's only feature is a 3 band EQ and that it needs to be cranked for gain sounds but then again, that makes it even more similar to a Plexi.

Anyways, it'll definitely work for you but you'll also need to pick up a nice overdrive or distortion pedal unless you play in a soundproofed area or can crank frequently
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by DSOTM80
I didn't notice the price, a 40 watt Haze is $700? damn, add taxes on top of that and you're pretty much into used JCM 800/900 50 watt combo territory which would rip that Haze a new a**hole

This is a good point. You could maybe find a used 800/900 but I'm sure you could get something a little more suited to you. The 800 series I found was a little too snarly and gainy for Hendrix type stuff.

If you can find an older vertical input model, those have a little less gain and can do an alright plexi impression on the lower input.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
after days of deliberation and thought I made a choice. I JUST bought a class5 online.

wooh hoooo

I cant wait.
Hope you're happy with it and don't have to gig.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Considering that the haze is made in india and shit it really should be a lot cheaper then it is ... Maybe eventually it will be.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Yea I agree about the Haze, Tatsumaru.

Congrats on the Class 5, I don't think you'll have a problem getting Hendrix out of it but I hope you got some OD pedals or live in a house with a basement
I want a class 5 bad, just to add to the collection................. Im an addict!
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Yes i do live in a house with a basement and Im sound padding it all over and it will hopefully allow me to crank it up.

I'll post a review once a get it in a few days...
Quote by harkkam
Yes i do live in a house with a basement and Im sound padding it all over and it will hopefully allow me to crank it up.

I'll post a review once a get it in a few days...

Great, i'm not a fan of some of Marshalls newer products but it's pretty awesome, i'm thinking sometime down the line i'll pick one up for myself. It's probably the only reasonable way anyone could get that classic "non-master-Plexi-cranked-to-10" sound. Granted it's still loud, but it's still a lot more manageable than a real Plexi.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...