Poll: Tremolo or no tremolo?
Poll Options
View poll results: Tremolo or no tremolo?
Tremolo
16 38%
No tremolo
18 43%
Don't care
8 19%
Voters: 42.
That's the question.

Personally I don't need a tremolo. I simply don't find it useful!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
What do you mean?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by brandon2784
cant tremolos get lower action?

No.

And I have a guitar with a trem and a guitar without, I use both equally. I like the tuning stability and the fact that I can use bent double stops on my non trem guitar, and I like the portamento and vibrato effects that I can get on my trem guitar.
I love it on my strat.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Depends on what I'm in the mood for. My last 3 guitars have had floating tremolo's so hopefully my next one has a fixed bridge but nothing some wood won't be able to fix if it only comes with a floyd rose.
You should've created an option for "Both".

My Strat has a tremolo, and i ordered a PRS Custom 22 with a fixed bridge.
Sometimes you need the tremolo, sometimes you don't.

So, for me, "Tremolo" AND "No tremolo".
At least one of each!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I voted for "i dont care" because neither one is any better then the other ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I love having a tremolo, just as an option, but I hate having the messed up tuning of a floating trem, so I usually opts for a blocked trem (which only allows pushing down) or a non-recessed tremolo.

Though one fitted with a Hipshot Tremsetter would be great, I haven't tried one out yet, but it definatelly seems something I'd like to use.

But yeah, I like both, I don't go crazy on the trem, but I like to have it available.
I don't usually like floating tremolos because they cause the guitar to go out of tune, but locking systems like Floyd Rose are good.
Quote by So-Cal
Everyone knows you can whammy without a whammy bar

If ur refering to bending ur neck, everyone knows that ****s up ur guitar after a while ....
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by dsan224
I don't usually like floating tremolos because they cause the guitar to go out of tune, but locking systems like Floyd Rose are good.

...wut?! A properly set up floating bridge won't make your guitar go out of tune.
Most of the time, I keep the trem on my Strat locked down. I only really use it for spacey post-rock moments.
I prefer a fixed bridge over a trem a lot less maintenance. I have several guitars with trems and I rarely use the trem enough to want to buy a guitar equipped with one but every now and then I get a great deal on an awesome guitar with a trem I won't pass up. I guess it really depends on the music you play where a trem is a necessity to play the music correctly.

John
i personally find that it isn't worth it i would use it if its there, but i think that i get a bit more tuning stability with a hard tail.
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
Quote by dsan224

Set one up right and it's fine.

But the one thing I hate living with, is when you try a unison bend, the non-bent note will change pitch. Which is why the hipshot tremsetter seems to appealing to me, though the Ibanez' "Zero Point system" that's on my S470 which is meant to be similar doesn't do the job very well...
Both. Hence my owning of a TOM equipped guitar and a Wilkinson trem equipped one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i find no need for a tremelo, i may need to bend in order to make notes higher in a solo but...... i find no use for a tremelo arm, it just make it go out o tune quicker
Q: What's the difference between a Mexican standard tele and an American standard tele?

A: £600
i dont own a trem geetar, but thats because 90% of songs i like dont contain the use of the locking trem. they are fun to mess with though.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS