ibanez rgr321ex
12 75%
ibanez sa120ex
1 6%
ibanez sa260fm
3 19%
Voters: 16.
Hi all,

I want a new guitar. After doing some research, i decided to go for ibanez to play blues/rock/metal. I have 4 models in mind:

- Ibanez gsa60

- Ibanez rgr321ex

- Ibanez sa120ex

- Ibanez sa260fm

Which one you think is the best for blues/rock/metal budget-wise ?

Thanks.
Last edited by rocker313 at Dec 13, 2009,
the rg would be your best option the sa's don't realy have a decent tremelo for metal, but with ibanez you have to spend a fairbit to get a decent tremelo
well, the GSA is ibanez' entry level guitar made by the elves in the north pole. the RG321 is the ENTRY level guitar thats a legit. ibanez. not made in the north pole. but in Korea or Indonesia or somewhere.
(the second r in RGR denotes a reverse headstock)

then thees 2 Sa's. i have no idea what the difference is, besides the fact the 260 has a flamed maple top.

so i would say, get a RG321 or the SA260. the RG has 24 frets, teh SA has 22. they feel completely different. go play them, and pick what one you believe feels better.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by britishsligean
the rg would be your best option the sa's don't realy have a decent tremelo for metal, but with ibanez you have to spend a fairbit to get a decent tremelo

the RG321 has a fixed bridge.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
well, the GSA is ibanez' entry level guitar made by the elves in the north pole. the RG321 is the ENTRY level guitar thats a legit. ibanez. not made in the north pole. but in Korea or Indonesia or somewhere.
(the second r in RGR denotes a reverse headstock)

then thees 2 Sa's. i have no idea what the difference is, besides the fact the 260 has a flamed maple top.

so i would say, get a RG321 or the SA260. the RG has 24 frets, teh SA has 22. they feel completely different. go play them, and pick what one you believe feels better.

thanks for the explanation, still the sa260 has decent single pickups and a split function for the humbucker, the rgr321ex has 2 humbuckers which in my opinion means more versatility but i want the axe for mainly rock with hot round sound.
RGR321EX gets my vote.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...