Hi all, my mate gave me this Les Paul, and I was wondering what model it is, and what they sell for when assembled. He bought it in 1992 or somewhere close to, it was originally red and yellow, however he wanted it black, but never finished it.

I'm also looking at how to paint guitars, and rebuild them.

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)
Any clue what brand it is/was? The bolt on neck seems to suggest that it wouldn't be worth loads. You might be able to make it look good though. Can't really help with repainting it, as I'm looking into it myself. www.projectguitar.com may help

edit: No your images are not working properly

Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Parts Built Mayer Strat
Blackstar HT-Dist, DL-4, Crybaby, Polytune
Blackstar HT20 Combo + matching 112 cab

I like John Mayer, deal with it.

Bassist: Last Minute Delay
Thanks for the link. I got no idea about this guitar, I'll try and get you some more info on it. However I have all the original pickups etc.
I'm pretty sure it's genuine. Is there a way I can check? I got all the stuff in the case, so I can take a look.
If its got a serial number on it anywhere you could run it through an online checker. However, i don't think its a genuine gibson as as far as i know they never made bolt on LP's. And if it was, why would your mate get rid of the logo? Its just an idea

Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Parts Built Mayer Strat
Blackstar HT-Dist, DL-4, Crybaby, Polytune
Blackstar HT20 Combo + matching 112 cab

I like John Mayer, deal with it.

Bassist: Last Minute Delay
He was about 13 when he bought it, so it wasn't the best move. I'll still restore it and stuff, if anyway has some nice guides and tips on painting.