I need two 20ft guitar cables to run in my effects loop. My pedals are currently connected by UXL patch cables (These are cheap). I heard on a youtube video that the most important cable is the one from your guitar to your amp/1st pedal. Could I get away with using cables like these below in my effects loop without losing noticable sound quality?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-of-Right-Angle-20-Colored-Guitar-Cables-Blue-New_W0QQitemZ370305892804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5637f381c4
If they're brand new, and of decent build quality (which those look like they are), you probably won't be able to tell the difference between them and cables twice their price unless you were recording.
Its like this your saying that first 20' cable should be a good one but the 40' of cable in the FX loop doesnt matter. Your chain is only as good as its weakest link.
Quote by Tackleberry
Its like this your saying that first 20' cable should be a good one but the 40' of cable in the FX loop doesnt matter. Your chain is only as good as its weakest link.

I'm just regurgitating what this guy says, whether hes right or wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i67Qx2RN3HI

6:45 - his explanation is because theres is a "low impedance output of most stompboxes".
There is a some truth to it. Your long guitar lead wout a buffer can affect your signal depending on how long your lead is. And a buffer does make a difference w long cables.

One of the big pluses is gonna be the warranty. Most stuff like mogami, monster etc have lifetime warranties. Cheaper stuff have limited warranties and short coverage times. I have a pile of older cheap cables that have been repaired many times each. The money spent on that pile would have easily paid for my current set. Had the mogamis for several years even with plenty of abuse never had to fix em. Ive never heard of seismic audio so Im gonna imagine getting it warrantied might not be so simple. Probably have to send it back to them and wait for a replacement. So unless you have a spare cable that length in the mean time you might have to do without an FX loop.

There is a difference in sound quality w something like mogami vs a cheap horizon brand. There have been comparison tests done comparing the various brands. As a price comparison the last horizon I bought was for a single 20' cable and cost close to what your paying for 2 20' cables. You get what you pay for.