Are the tuners supposed to get loose and wobly when you detune it all the way and remove the strings?? I was just changing my strings and I never really noticed if they do that or not before.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I'm pretty sure tuners are supposed to remain stationary. Prolly mess with intonation and tuning stability otherwise.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah they get a little loose but once you put the new string on, the tension pulls the tuner back into the proper spot.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm pretty sure tuners are supposed to remain stationary. Prolly mess with intonation and tuning stability otherwise.

Intonation has to do with the string length between the nut and the bridge.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Intonation has to do with the string length between the nut and the bridge.

Thanks for the info. I don't know, it just makes sense to me when the tuners don't move. Because if the thing moves when strung, it would change the pitch and all that jazz. Of course, I'm a big newb when it comes to that stuff so what the hell do I know?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
There's always some play on the post itself. This allows the gears to mesh properly under tension. WHile the strings are off though is a good time to check that the nut that clamps the tuner body to the headstock is snug. As the guitar ages and the wood shrinks they sometimes come loose.
Moving on.....