How are these amps? Ive seen some videos but you never know if they have a pedal through it. Are they good for Hevy Metal and such things alike? And again about the statment earlier, do they take pedals well? Id like to know, for i found one for 350, also is that a good deal? or a horrible one?

btw the guitar i play is a Schecter Avenger 7 string Elite with Active 707 EMGs
I used to have an AVT the overdrive channels are pretty poor but the clean was useable. It probably wouldn't be great for heavy metal. They are only slightly better than MGs to be honest.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
They're bollocks, they're far too muddy, no dynamics to them, just a general waste of money and they don't handle pedals particularly well either.
ohai little sig.
i've had an AVT 50 for a number of years. Some days i really like it, other days i hate it. It's strongest suit is rolling back the gain and getting a slight dirty sound. But right now, im in a hate it phase.
Quote by sicksideburns33
i've had an AVT 50 for a number of years. Some days i really like it, other days i hate it. It's strongest suit is rolling back the gain and getting a slight dirty sound. But right now, im in a hate it phase.

That is exactly the kind of thing I had with mine some days it'd sound great and others I wanted it to die.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
Quote by Mikeyw1233
I used to have an AVT the overdrive channels are pretty poor but the clean was useable. It probably wouldn't be great for heavy metal. They are only slightly better than MGs to be honest.

After reading that my mind went "uh oh.." and shut down. Id think theyd be a little better but obviously not xD
Another note..
How well is a Marshall Valvestate 8240? Same conditions. Same guitar blah blah
never played a AVT, i want to though... the Valvestate though.... don`t know what model it was, it was a combo amp 2 X 12 i think... it was HORRIBLE!!!!, this comming from a Marshall fanboy.... i hated it, might be good for cleans and stuff but the O/D channel was crap it was so bad, i`d rather listen to a MG, MG`s sound godly compared to the Valvestate.
You'd probably be better off with a Marshall MA50C combo.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I use an AVT50 for dicking around and recording because my JTM45 head is just too loud for most practical uses.

I think it sounds ok for most purposes, but I'm not doubting that you couldn't find a better amp at $350. I have sound clips n my profile that are all recorded with the AVT.
Quote by Slayerdeath
never played a AVT, i want to though... the Valvestate though.... don`t know what model it was, it was a combo amp 2 X 12 i think... it was HORRIBLE!!!!, this comming from a Marshall fanboy.... i hated it, might be good for cleans and stuff but the O/D channel was crap it was so bad, i`d rather listen to a MG, MG`s sound godly compared to the Valvestate.

I could have sworn the Valvestates were better. Owell. i dont know alot about marshalls so i guess thats why
they're not really, the only real claim to fame about older valvestates is that the guitarist from the band Death used to use one.

But let's be honest, I really don't see how anyone would consider his tone good, so...

I wouldn't use one for metal, it gets muddy if you turn the gain up past 6 or so.
Quote by al112987
they're not really, the only real claim to fame about older valvestates is that the guitarist from the band Death used to use one.

But let's be honest, I really don't see how anyone would consider his tone good, so...

I wouldn't use one for metal, it gets muddy if you turn the gain up past 6 or so.

you must be talkin bout Chuck (can`t spell his last name), diddn`t know he used Valvestates... i don`t know much about Death though, except Chuck used BC Rich`s the steath being his most popular guitar.
I had a avt50h with the cab and it was far better then a MG but still lacked a bit.

Liked it somedays and hated it others so i sold it and got a dsl100 with a 1960av cab.

Look at the new ma50c, get a tube amp. you will be much happier.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by ChuggyMcBr00tlz
I had a avt50h with the cab and it was far better then a MG but still lacked a bit.

Liked it somedays and hated it others so i sold it and got a dsl100 with a 1960av cab.

Look at the new ma50c, get a tube amp. you will be much happier.

The MA series s nice but it seems a little out of my budget honestly