Hello, I've got a strange problem with effect pedals - it seems I can't get any of them to work! I haven't bought a single pedal which I could just plug in and make it work, every pedal I got has given some problems to me. Recently, I've used a Dunlop Crybaby, Carl Martin Red Repeat, Boss SD-1, 2 Ibanez LU20 pedal tuners, and none of those pedals worked all the time I had them. My guitar works normally, cords and amp too. I've tried them with and adapter and different batteries. The problem I have is that those pedals won't turn on at all - sound is OK when they are in bypass but when I turn them on I get no sound at all and the LED diode on the pedal doesn't work also. The same thing with all of those pedals. But, the strangest part is that those pedals are OK - they work normally, but for some reason, in some period of time they won't work. My wah pedal worked OK during the summer, but I didn't have to use it until a few weeks ago, I took it out of the box and it didn't want to work. When I bought that Boss SD-1 overdrive, it didn't work at all. I sent it back to the store and they said it works normally for them. I got it back home and it worked for me also. But, after some time, I stopped working again. What do you think, what could be the reason for this?
You're cursed. Made any enemies that experiment in black magic lately?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Try new cables or an AC adapter

...or maybe you ARE cursed
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Weird... Do you have any guitar playing friends who could test the effects with their guitar and amp for you?

'Cause maybe you ARE cursed...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The best part is that I don't even like effects, but I need that tuner and wah! I already wrote that cables, adapters and batteries work ok!
Last edited by ivan987 at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by ivan987
The best part is that I don't even like effects, but I need that tuner and wah! I already wrote that cables, adapters and batteries work ok!

Don't be mad... But you must understand that this is a thing almost impossible to diagnose/repair over the internet.

What you described is a very strange and erratic behaviour of your gear, and unless you can try the effects with another persons equipment, i think there's not much we can do...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
If you take it to the store and it works, then you need someone to come to your house and show you what you are doing wrong.
I have a problem with pedals too. I want to buy far too may of them for my nuts to be safe from my wife's wrath!
    sounds to me like you leaveing the 1/4" jacks in and thats killing the batterys so the next day it stops working
    Are you input/outputting the right way, Ive done that wrong in the past
    Quote by metal_fretter
    ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
    Quote by wozzsta
    sounds to me like you leaveing the 1/4" jacks in and thats killing the batterys so the next day it stops working

+1

May be this. Adapters don't charge pedals, they're intended to provide power for them as long as they're plugged in.
    Quote by DeathByDestroyr
    What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
    Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
    Greg what did you send me??
    Quote by les_kris
    Are you input/outputting the right way, Ive done that wrong in the past

That's almost certainly the problem. Just switch it all backwards.
    Quote by enselmis
    That's almost certainly the problem. Just switch it all backwards.

Id certainly check this, i should say all of us have done it at least once

VOX AC15VR
    Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!