hey ive been playing guitar for a while now and im thinking of buying a whammy bar for my squier strat. However, im kinda a newb to the whammy bar thing so ive got a few questions.

1. to install a whammy bar im wondering if i need/should change the bridge on my guitar and if i have to what kind of bridge i should change it to

2. if i get a whammy bar do the people at the store put it on right away? or do i have to leave my guitar there for a few days and come and pick it up?

3. how much would a good whammy bar cost?

thx for the help guys
yea theres a hole for the tremolo bar
Last edited by deathsonataiv at Dec 13, 2009,
do i go to the music store and buy the tremolo bar and screw it in myself or should i ask the people there to do it for me?
Quote by deathsonataiv
do i go to the music store and buy the tremolo bar and screw it in myself or should i ask the people there to do it for me?

You're kidding right...
tellem you wanna trem for a strat then you take it home and after you get it home you can put it in or take it out anytime you want by twisting it in the hole\

EDIT: provided there is a hole for it in the 1st place which in the case that there isnt you should just get a new guitar rather than install a new bridge
REEDIT:nevermind, you alrdy said it did >.< but yea in your case id just an hero
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Last edited by Jacob667 at Dec 13, 2009,