What were the kind of amps that Dime used? I know they're Randall SS but does anybody know the model name or anything like that?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Just got a guitar world mag yesterday with his gear in it.

According to it he used a Randall RG-100.

They made a Randall Warhead stack which was designed to recreate Dime's original rig.

Then he started using a Krank Revolution with Damageplan which led to creation of his signature Krankenstein
Well damn, thats what i have, but it doesnt nearly get the gain he has. Anybody know what OD or distortion pedals he had?
He used two eq's one scooped and one brought back the middle frequencies a touch. These both pushed the front of the amp, along with high output pickups, for more gain. Also IIRC, his flanger had a doubler function he used to rhythm tones. Also, I feel like i saw somewhere that he triple tracked his rhythms in the studio too.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
He used the EQ's to boost the gain?
Quote by Dimefan69
He used the EQ's to boost the gain?

Thats what it said in the guitar world everyone just got. You can boost the input/output gain on an EQ. That's what kerry king did with an 800.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
If you have the RG-100. This was his rig with that according to guitar world. RG-100 head, Furman PQ-3, MXR 6 band EQ, and MXR 126 Flanger/Doubler.

Goes on to say that Dimebage used the two equalizers in a unique way, cutting a wide midrange frequency curve with the PQ-3, restoring a narrow band of midrange frequencies with the MXR-6 and using both to increase the gain going into the amp's front end.

Used the doubler function on the MXR 126 to thicken his rhythm tone.

He also had his signature MXR Dime Distortion later on that might help you out.
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Dec 13, 2009,
Dimebag used Randall RG100s and Century 200s. according to his tech he didnt use the Warhead much
Shit dude, im still waiting for that Guitar World. Thanks though, that really helps.