Alright, currently i have an Ibanez RG350DX, POD Studio UX2 (as amp -_-"). I'm looking at either upgrading my pickups, getting a new amp, or getting a new guitar. Im debating on whether getting an ESP Horizon (either one), Bogner Alchemist 212 Combo, or just upgrading my pickups on my Ibanez. Out of my choices which change would make the biggest sound difference? I researched the Horizon and Alchemist and they both seem to be really good choices but i can only get one.
Sound is always important and im looking for a tone similar to Syu from Galneryus, heres the tone i hope to achieve... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojSv833FqI.
Would any of my choices help me get this tone, or do you have any other suggestions that would help me get the tone. my budget is from $1200-$1800
And also is there any stores in ontario, canada that sells the horizon or alchemist?
If upgrading pickups is a good idea what pickups can help me get that tone?
Gear:
Guitar
Typhoon Guitar
Ibanez RG350DX WH
Amps
Typhoon 10w amp
Peavy Vypyr 15w
POD Studio UX2
Definitely get an amp.

A good one. Spend your full budget on something that will last you. Cheap amps will do no good and nor will any level of guitar, pickups or anything else through a shit amp.

In terms of importance for your sound:
AMP (how will anything sound good if it's coming out of something that doesn't?)
Guitar
Pickups (they're just one aspect of a guitar and will be infinitely outweighed in importance by the wood and build quality etc. Unless they're active and then the wood makes hardly any difference...)
why can yo only get one?

anyway, id get an amp and some new pickups for the ibanez.
So, is the bogner alchemists 212 combo a good choice for the tone i prefer =P?
::EDIT::
Do you know any stores that would sell the alchemist, i saw one in cosmos music but it wasnt the 212 =P
Gear:
Guitar
Typhoon Guitar
Ibanez RG350DX WH
Amps
Typhoon 10w amp
Peavy Vypyr 15w
POD Studio UX2
Last edited by xJerbearx at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by gibson jack
Definitely get an amp.

A good one. Spend your full budget on something that will last you. Cheap amps will do no good and nor will any level of guitar, pickups or anything else through a shit amp.

In terms of importance for your sound:
AMP (how will anything sound good if it's coming out of something that doesn't?)
Guitar
Pickups (they're just one aspect of a guitar and will be infinitely outweighed in importance by the wood and build quality etc. Unless they're active and then the wood makes hardly any difference...)

^this. Your amp accounts for most of your tone. A cheap guitar will still sound good through a good amp, but an expensive guitar through a crappy amp will sound horrible.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Ok, so im leaning towards the amp now, if i saved more money would placing emgs in the ibanez be good for the tone i want? (Syu's)
Gear:
Guitar
Typhoon Guitar
Ibanez RG350DX WH
Amps
Typhoon 10w amp
Peavy Vypyr 15w
POD Studio UX2
Quote by xJerbearx
Ok, so im leaning towards the amp now, if i saved more money would placing emgs in the ibanez be good for the tone i want? (Syu's)

yeah some new pickups for your guitar might help too, in that video he's using seymour duncans, but one of his guitars has an EMG 89 in it.
If you get the 1x12 peavey 6505 you still have enough to get a decent guitar if you are getting tired of your Ibanez. Or you can just change pickups and grab yourself a few decent effects like a nice delay, harmonizer, chorus, anything you want man.