Hello fellow home recording engineers!
Ive been recording my band with a Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 and its amazing.
I just wanted to get everyones suggestions on how to improve overall sound of a home recording.
Here, you can suggest cheap recording tips and tricks, also any gear/plug in suggestions you would like to share!
Look at the frequencies/tones of your instruments like it's a slot or something. You can only have 1 instrument in a slot at a time, or it gets muddy. So try to do tones that complement each other, and allow each instrument to fully breath.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by thndrbyrd99
Hello fellow home recording engineers!
Ive been recording my band with a Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0 and its amazing.
I just wanted to get everyones suggestions on how to improve overall sound of a home recording.
Here, you can suggest cheap recording tips and tricks, also any gear/plug in suggestions you would like to share!

If we were to ACTUALLY do this thread, and make it sticky worthy, it would be have to be formatted like crazy. Considering 90% of the guys on here are "home studios" everyone is going to have a favourite piece of gear or whatever....and so it could be interesting to see what happens with that.

We COULD set it up in Q&A format....but I think people might get ignored, or w/e. Things seem to be going okay with the regular forum posts that are questions....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.