For christmas I can get one of these. Which one should I get? I really want both. I need the EQ for boosting solos and getting a thicker sound but I also need the Dimebag for reasons that would take to long to list. So please help, which one seems like the better buy?
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

EQ.............dime bag distortion is DEFINATELY NOT even worth trying, especially in a vox valvetronix

get the eq and use it well
i have a shitty 15 watt laney amp, i use the boss MT-120 metal zone . pretty sure thats what its called. its pretty good ive never used it with a big amp but on my amp it has a bad screeching sound and my amp dies from the bass. but with headphones it sounds sweet. pretty sure you can get it for $60 in canada.
Definitely the 10-Band EQ. It's a must if you own a Valvetronix amp, imo. The AD50VTXL should have enough gain on its own, besides the Dimebag Distortion would sound horrible through a modeling amp. On the other hand, you could shape your tone with the 10-Band EQ for those Dimebag tones.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Quote by Todd_Peterson
i have a shitty 15 watt laney amp, i use the boss MT-120 metal zone . pretty sure thats what its called. its pretty good ive never used it with a big amp but on my amp it has a bad screeching sound and my amp dies from the bass. but with headphones it sounds sweet. pretty sure you can get it for $60 in canada.

If something sounds horrible through anything other than headphones why would you recommend it?

TS, go for the EQ.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Thanks for all the replies! I got the EQ! And I'm not regretting it or looking back.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me