http://www.marshallamps.com/product_range.asp?productCode=MA50C

What do you guys think?

I really like the look of the 50w combo.
And the specs look great:

1x12" Combo
Clean and Crunch channel with independent controls
3x 12ax7 2x EL34
Under £500.

And some of the reviews [from Guitarist Magazine] rate them, and the sounds demos from the magazine and marshall website sounds pretty good.

If I ever start playing with a hard'rock/blues-rock band [a la Wolfmother], I reckon I'd definitely give the MA series a twirl.

What does UG think?
I know they will be probably be better amps for the money, but it is nice to Marshall cater to people who want a decent amp with a lower cost [and an amp that isn't a DSL401].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm also wondering about this amp, in particular if it has enough gain for metal (I highly doubt it), and if it will sound better for metal if boosted.

People are saying, "MG WITH TUBEZ!" but I doubt they have even played it, so I'll wait to I try one.

If it's 800 dollars US, then I would rather just get a used DSL combo to be honest.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 13, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I'm also wondering about this amp, in particular if it has enough gain for metal (I highly doubt it), and if it will sound better for metal if boosted.

People are saying, "MG WITH TUBEZ!" but I doubt they have even played it, so I'll wait to I try one.

I really don't think this is an MG with tubes.
It sounds like a really nice amp from the demos I have heard. There's even vids on teh Marshall site of it being used in around 4-5 songs by a band. This amp is a serious contender, especially to amps in the £300-600 [$700-$1500 by guessing currency] bracket.

But, I really like the tone I heard - a nice, dynamic crunch that seems to get heavy enough for most rock. And it has an OD boost function.

I will have to try and play one of these in a store whenever I can.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
ya i just found out about these, really wanna know if the 100 watt head can be used for metal without being boosted

wish people would figure out that a NEW amp can`t compete with a USED amp for price HAHA

you always see the "i`d rather have this amp used" well ya, so would I probly, guess what a used MA will be cheaper then your used DSL LOL
I've tried out the MA100 today, I couldn't crank it, I only played it on low volumes.
Anyway it sounded really nice, the OD channel is excellent for rock and blues, it's got a smooth kind of drive, I liked it. I didn't dig the cleans though that might just be me
Oh and it can't really do metal, hard rock at best.
Take what I've said with a grain of salt, I didn't have much time to test the amp thoroughly nor do I have the perfect ear for tone, yet.
Ibanez RGR321EX
Marshall Valvestate 8080
It does look and sound a lot better than the Haze from what I've seen, but I have played neither. What do you guys think it's up against mainly, I mean it's not too far off rocker 30 money, and that's hard to beat...I need to try one
i tryed the haze, couldn`t crank it up though.... i really liked it, it was the 15 watt stack, pretty cool lil amp and that thing could melt faces believe it or not, i was really impressed with that amp, if i had the cash i`d buy one for a practice amp.
I'll try it out when I have the money for a new amp, but I doubt it has the tone I want.

But for some blues/rock/punk player's I think it's a really nice amp.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Altefnegy
I've tried out the MA100 today, I couldn't crank it, I only played it on low volumes.
Anyway it sounded really nice, the OD channel is excellent for rock and blues, it's got a smooth kind of drive, I liked it. I didn't dig the cleans though that might just be me
Take what I've said with a grain of salt, I didn't have much time to test the amp thoroughly nor do I have the perfect ear for tone, yet.

Nice, someone who's played one.
Seems very nice now you said all that.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by Altefnegy
Do you think it could pull of earlier metal such as Maiden, or Megadeth, with a ovedrive pedal?
I'll wait until someone wants to sell a used one. For that price, I'd rather get a new Laney GH